Will Ronda keep it standing to try and prove a point?

Ronda has had 3 KO/TKO wins in her last 4 fights.
She has nothing left to prove, striking-wise.

lol Ronda will get wrecked if she tries to trade with Holly

Holm has no power and looked less than impressive against Pennington and Reneau. She throws air punches that have no chances of landing. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ronda knock her out if she pressures her. Holm has better technique but her striking is significantly less effective.

No, Ronda will use a few strikes to get in close and take it to the ground and wreck Holm. No reason to turn it into a war.

I could see that happening.

Yes, but not in a kickboxing approach, she will pressure her and dirty box her. We will have to see how well Holm gets on that bike and back-peddles while counter striking.

to prove her striking is still terrible?

Two KO's in her last 3 fights

giphy.gif

Cyborg only has one KO in her entire career.

Try harder

She resisted the temptation to draw out the beat down on Betche, I'm sure she can resist this one too. Especially if mommy says something about it

Ronda always says she want to makes the fights as short as possible, that ways she take the less possible damage (his striking defense is very poor) to make his career longer.

So I think she gonna try a one punch KO in the first exchange (for highlights sake), but when she miss that punch -> clinch -> armbar

No.
it should be fairly obvious Ronda will take Holm and submit her ASAP, then claim this is MMA and she doesn't need to prove she has the better boxing of WMMA.

Holm doesn't have much punching power and she always takes a shitload of time to find her range. Her best weapon is her kicks but Ronda will always be too close and aggressive to allow her to throw even one. Ronda can perfectly well keep it standing and win by first round stoppage, despite Holm's credentials.

This.

I actually think she might. Mainly because she can and still win. Women don't really have one shot KO power (typically), so Ronda can test the waters, and if she's losing she'll bring it to the ground. The threat of that will likely be enough to keep Holm from being as aggressive as she'd like.

Not in my opinion. You fight your fight to win, not your opponents to lose.

Holm is definitely a dangerous striker, more so then Bethe. RR looks for the submission and gets it.

RR for the win by sub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back