Will McGregor train TDD for the Aldo fight?

ArabPride99

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Going into UFC 189 he didn't train any TDD while getting ready for Aldo and when they switched fighters he had a small injury so he decided not to train any wrestling .....

After seeing the Mendes fight one would imagine Aldo focusing a lot on his wrestling so do you think McGregor will train wrestling and TDD or is he going to be over confident and focus on his striking only?

I would say no

even vs mendes mcgregor didnt care if he got taken down or not

He didnt even try to stuff the takedowns

there were 2-3 videos of Conor training wrestling in preperation for Aldo. The whole "he didn't train any wrestling in preperation for Aldo" seems like an exageration atleast.

Eh, he's got decent takedown defense to begin with. He stuffed Mini a few times, it's just hard to stop every single takedown when someone is spamming them. Aldo won't spam them, he'll mix one or two in, but he won't sit there and only look for a takedown. McGregor KO 2nd round though.

Aldo is getting TDs no matter what in this fight.

He would be insane not to. Even if only for the future of his mma career.

He stuffed two of the takedowns in the first round i believe.

Even though Aldo is not a pure wrestler like Mendes his timing on takedowns is very good.... Funny, if Aldo fought at 189 he probably would've won through taking him down but I don't think it'll happen in December

McGregor will be ready for the takedowns, then take Aldo's head clean off

Aldo took down Hominick. He almost for sure has TDs in his gameplan.

If Conor truly didn't train TDs for Aldo, who has great TDs, he is an idiot. I'm not sure I believe him though.

Going into UFC 189 he didn't train any TDD while getting ready for Aldo and when they switched fighters he had a small injury so he decided not to train any wrestling .....

After seeing the Mendes fight one would imagine Aldo focusing a lot on his wrestling so do you think McGregor will train wrestling and TDD or is he going to be over confident and focus on his striking only?

Small injury? dude tore his mcl if the reports are to be believed were not talking about some bruised ribs here.

Aldo has already stated he will be trying to take him down and wont be looking to exchange on the feet.So he would be wise to work on his tdd and working his way back up

Even though Aldo is not a pure wrestler like Mendes his timing on takedowns is very good.... Funny, if Aldo fought at 189 he probably would've won through taking him down but I don't think it'll happen in December

McGregor will be ready for the takedowns, then take Aldo's head clean off

or that spinning back kick in the first would of dropped him

He trains with Gunnar Nelson, ofc he trains grappling and TDD.

I dont think aldo will be focusing on his wrestling

aldo has been one of the most feared strikers in the sport for years and suddenly people act like he is afraid to stand...

I dont think aldo will be focusing on his wrestling

aldo has been one of the most feared strikers in the sport for years and suddenly people act like he is afraid to stand...

Aldo got dropped by Mendes in the first

Back