Will McGregor have to pay fine if he actually retires?

zippo88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Let’s say, McGregor actually retires (which I don’t believe is happening - he is just messing around with Dana White).

Didn’t he sign a 6-fight contract before he fought Khabib? I didn’t expect he would make all 6 fights but wouldn’t UFC try to get some money from him for breaking the contract? Like a fine or penalty?

Naw. Already has new ironclad contract w/ AEW.

Big Conrad making moves. Look into it.

No.

UFC owns him with that contract and he couldn’t hardly do anything fight related without their permission.

You have no idea how business works

Let’s say, McGregor actually retires (which I don’t believe is happening - he is just messing around with Dana White).

Didn’t he sign a 6-fight contract before he fought Khabib? I didn’t expect he would make all 6 fights but wouldn’t UFC try to get some money from him for breaking the contract? Like a fine or penalty?
NO he just has to wait out his contract or fight the fights remaining on his contract if he wants to ever fight again. Seems if Conor is fake retiring it back fired. Dana said in a text that it makes sense for Conor to retire and that he should.

Lol no.

He doesn't have to fight but if he's under contract with the UFC then he can't fight anywhere else.

Yes. Dana will send Khabib Conor’s location once a year until he returns.

No, he won't, you cannot force people to fight, it's not slavery.

No.

But if he never fights again, he doesn't have to pay his fine to Nevada. Which is where I thought you were going.

They held back some of Khabib's pay knowing he'd get fined, but not Conor. Source. So if he never fights again, there is no reason to pay the NSAC their fine.

wish that obnoxious bastage would retire! Im sure it's just him throwing a fit cause he had to suffer the humiliation of being treated like his contemporaries...

Back