Will McGregor beat Masvidal in WW?

ijngf

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Will McGregor beat Masvidal in WW?

Unlikely. Very unlikely but there's always that 1st or 2nd round knock out Conor is capable of as usual on anybody, but Mas is so fooking seasoned in striking, taking strikes and giving them that it would just be a super hard night for Conor and if that fight happens and Mas is not favored in betting odds something is very wrong.

100% no he should avoid him and hope khabib beats tony and that the ufc strips khabib to set him up with a winnable lw title shot.

Masvidal's too big and durable for Conor. Their boxing skills and power are on a similar level. I think Masvidal edges Conor though due to chin and cardio. We've also seen what he did to Nate vs. what Conor's done, and it's not comparable.

100% no he should avoid him and hope khabib beats tony and that the ufc strips khabib to set him up with a winnable lw title shot.
Firstly I don't think you can write off Conor's chances entirely, he'd be a live dog in that fight for a round or two but Masvidal would be a heavy favorite I'd imagine. Secondly Tony's stylistically, outside of Justin who is basically a perfect stylistic match up, a pretty good match up for Conor certainly far better than Khabib. If Tony wins the UFC would make Tony Conor in a heartbeat which would be great for both fighters and fans; Conor gets to fight for a title against a better stylistic match up and Tony get his the biggest pay day of the year and we well we get guaranteed violence because any hypothetical Conor Tony fight is guaranteed to end in a brutal finish one way or the other.

He could beat him but it's a really tough fight for him, especially in a 5 rounder. I'd say it's 60/40 in Masvidal favor

Masvidal's too big and durable for Conor. Their boxing skills and power are on a similar level. I think Masvidal edges Conor though due to chin and cardio. We've also seen what he did to Nate vs. what Conor's done, and it's not comparable.
Why are their boxing skills on a similar level?

It would be a much bigger test than Cowboy for Conor, but I think he could pull off a W against Jorge if Conor prepares in the right way.

Masvidal beats every WW on the roster. How come people just don’t understand how much he improved with his new ‘formula’. That guy is viscous, can strike with any limb even up against the cage and no quit in him. It will be an enternating fight that I Think Masvidal wins by a pretty lopsided decision something like 49-46.

Honestly I would highly favor Conor. The level of Conor being underestimated on here is getting nuts

No, Masvidal is a real deal WW that don't need to get puffed up to make weight. Conor's 40 second fight proved little on a very skittish looking Cerrone. Masvidal will put you through things I just don't feel Conor has that grit to hang.

Let’s be real. Connor is the reason Jorge left his actual weight at 155 and went to 170.

Why are their boxing skills on a similar level?
I'll go ahead and insert myself into this conversation.

He said "boxing skills and power are on a similar level". He just means that Conor has great skills and power everyone knows, but Masvidal does too. Their skillsets are different, but Masvidal's are more underrated. He has good footwork and range, good shoulder rolls, good jabs and combo's. But he's less flashy than Conor, more 'stodgy' is the word I'll use. He uses his boxing to last rounds, instead of for fast TKFO's.

One could debate "better" "worse" or "similar" all the live long day. I choose not to enter that debate, so let's say they're close and leave it at that. You don't have to leave it at that, but I will.

Me? I'd give Masvidal the advantage. I'd bet Masvidal -160 but not Masvidal -300. For all the reasons others have said; Masvidal is hard to KTFO, and he'd likely outlast and then start beating up on a tired Conor.

Just one asshole's opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

I'll go ahead and insert myself into this conversation.

He said "boxing skills and power are on a similar level". He just means that Conor has great skills and power everyone knows, but Masvidal does too. Their skillsets are different, but Masvidal's are more underrated.

One could debate "better" "worse" or "similar" all the live long day. I choose not to. Let's say they're close and leave it at that.

Me? I'd give Masvidal the advantage. I'd bet Masvidal -160 but not Masvidal -300. For all the reasons others have said; Masvidal is hard to KTFO, and he'd likely outlast and then start beating up on a tired Conor.

Just one asshole's opinion. Take it for what it's worth.
I see what you mean. But to be honest, I really don't see Masvidal has good boxing as McGregor has. He may beat McGregor some way, of course, but not by boxing in my opinion.

Masvidal beats every WW on the roster. How come people just don’t understand how much he improved with his new ‘formula’. That guy is viscous, can strike with any limb even up against the cage and no quit in him. It will be an enternating fight that I Think Masvidal wins by a pretty lopsided decision something like 49-46.
Usman included?

Cerrone is probably bigger than Masvidal, diaz definitely is so the idea that he's too big for Conor is silly.

9841908.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Masvidal's gut o_O

Conor is the better striker of the two, if he comes in prepared, he can put Masvidal out in two rounds.

Back