Will Ludwig have similar/equal success with a new camp?

andy18_1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not to take anything away from Duane, he helped improve the striking of TAM exponentially but at the same time I feel like it was a tailor made position for him . In general team alpha male is a group of savages that are all incredibly gifted physically , with very strong wrestling backgrounds and are able to take direction and are mentally very tough fighters. In addition to that, they are all roughly the same size making training/sparring much easier. Their striking was the only real deficiency and he did an amazing job shoring that up.
Do you think he will be able to replicate the same success he had coaching team alpha male or do you think it was just a case of everything coming together perfectly ?

LOL, when you look at it, he has had a lot of success with Alpha Male? Faber got destroyed standing by Barao. Sure TJ avenged that loss, but benavidez also got starched by might mouse.

I think people vastly overrate his influence to be honest.

Depends on if he can get some decent/good prospects.

funny funny troll truth.

I think if he can get fighters 3/4 the level of TAM he can create contenders. MAYBE they're wrestling won't have Faber's tutelage spspsp, but the fight starts on the feet

LOL, when you look at it, he has had a lot of success with Alpha Male? Faber got destroyed standing by Barao. Sure TJ avenged that loss, but benavidez also got starched by might mouse.

I think people vastly overrate his influence to be honest.

His "influence" won Team Alpha Male it's first UFC world championship. And may win another should Mendes come out victorious vs Aldo.

his gym is not really going to be about fighters. basically just a community type thing. Now i'm sure if someone wants to fight, he won't turn them down

People need to realize that Duane Ludwig is a very good offensive striking coach and an abover average defensive striking coach. That said, I don't think his new camp will have much success early on...because its new. Of course Dillashaw will improve.

Killshaw beat Barao by footwork, Faber has a completely different stance than Dillashaw, staying on his backfeet often trying to frontkick. He was injured the first time and had a like 2 weeks camp the second time.

His "influence" won Team Alpha Male it's first UFC world championship. And may win another should Mendes come out victorious vs Aldo.

No it didn't, it may have played a role but the fighter won the title, not the influence of a coach. On the flip side you could argue that his influence also lost 2 title fights if you want to get technical. When two of his fighters get brutally stopped standing in title fights one has to wonder whether or not his 'influence' is really as profound as it is made out to be.

Duane was a mediocre Thai fighter at best, you could find trainers with 10x more knowledge in Thailand.

i dont think so

he didnt have to worry about tdd, speed and cardio with them. those are HUGE HUGE variables when designing a gameplan and striking style

with TAM he could teach them whatever and didnt have to worry about not getting clinched or shot on

Back