Will GLORY Overtake Bellator As The More Popular Combat Sport on Spike??

no. even at its prime, k1 never overtook PRIDE. mma is just more appealing for whatever reason.

See what the ratings are first. Bellator runs weekly, Glory wouldnt. Maybe they could do similar ratings but I dont see it happening.

Glory is exciting, they can say they are the best kickboxing in the world and the next card they have the best kickboxer in the world fighting on it.

I expect a rating between 300 and 400k. With all the buzz around the first event I think the next event will have a higher number which could equal average Bellator's ratings. If the numbers will increase I expect more Glory-events in the US in 2014. I would not be surprised if Viacom will buy Glory at the end of 2014.

no. even at its prime, k1 never overtook PRIDE. mma is just more appealing for whatever reason.

Are we living in the same universe or what? During their prime K-1 was bigger than PRIDE. K-1 just sucked in syndication overseas (particularly North America), but in Japan they were the biggest show hands down. They're also the ones who started the NYE craze with "Dynamite!! 2002" (in co-promotion with PRIDE who called it "Shockwave 2002" overseas).

Back