Will Conor break records again??

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
With a fairly small buildup to the original UFC196 featuring dos Anjos vs Conor Mcgregor, I was questioning whether it would sell the same way UFC 194 did.
Now that the opponent has changed to Nate, and both fighters are now fighting at totally different weight classes, will Conor bring the numbers again?

He holds the record for the most people who bitch about everything he does.

His fight with Aldo did not break the PPV record (100). It also did not break the live gate record (129).

So, which records do people think he is breaking? Conor says he is breaking records to promote himself. So far, he is not breaking any records at all.

Last edited:
If everyone has the level of the interest I have for this fight, it will do only 500k.

Conor should walk over him. If this is a difficult fight for Conor then he is going to get bashed. Such a lose situation.

What record did he break against Aldo? Certainly not the PPV record. It also did not break the gate record.

So, which records is he breaking?

It was the 2nd biggest ppv of all time. and it did break the gate record. Go check your facts...ONly ufc 100 was bigger.

With a fairly small buildup to the original UFC196 featuring dos Anjos vs Conor Mcgregor, I was questioning whether it would sell the same way UFC 194 did.
Now that the opponent has changed to Nate, and both fighters are now fighting at totally different weight classes, will Conor bring the numbers again?

Break records, exactly what records is McGregor breaking?

Seems unlikely. Non title fight, short notice, and Diaz isn't seen as a huge threat by most.

The UFC-Las Vegas records were broken on 194. That is still considered a record.

LOL...alright. In other words he hasn't broken any records that matter, including Brock Lesnar's 1,600,000 PPV record. So far he is breaking the record for longest amount of time spent with 0 title defenses.

LOL...alright. In other words he hasn't broken any records that matter, including Brock Lesnar's 1,600,000 PPV record. So far he is breaking the record for longest amount of time spent with 0 title defenses.
True. I'll give you that one.

There are thousands of tickets remaining for UFC 196.

how many ppvs did it sell? are there official numbers?

also wasn't there two title fights on that card?

It was the 2nd biggest ppv of all time. and it did break the gate record. Go check your facts...ONly ufc 100 was bigger.

He has the highest gates in the US. He would smash 129 if there was an event in Ireland (129 was in Canada and GSP brought in the numbers). He almost beat 129 gate record in a 16,000 seater arena whilst 129 had 55,000

As for 196... I always thought it was a mistake to have so little build up with a guy who had no drawing power (Dos Anjos). There's lots of seats available for it via ticketmaster it seems. Maybe they charged too much for what is a mediocre card, unlike 189 and 194. Be interesting to see how many tickets are left by the middle of next week

I really can't see casuals being so enthralled with Conor vs Nate that they shell out $60. The fight is quite literally for nothing. And that's only if Conor wins. It'll be Conor, or Diaz fans. I would almost expect Holly vs Miesha to draw in the casuals. Afterall, alot of casuals saw her knock off Ronda. Those same casuals may want to see if she can replicate that performance against Miesha.

Highest gate was in Toronto, at UFC 129. Biggest crowd was Melbourne, at UFC 193. It beat Toronto by something like 500 - 1000 ppl. Just cause Conor says it... Does not make it true.

Why is everyone so obsessed with PPV numbers? It really shows how insecure MMA fans are about the sport.

I think this does a bare minimum 1 mill PPV buys, and likely more upwards of 1.2 mill.

Had he and Diaz had even a few weeks more to promote it (going berserk on each other at the pressers), this shit would have done 1.5 mill.

Back