Will Buffer call in sick at UFC 186?

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Otherwise he is going to have to announce Rory "The Red King" Macdonald vs Hector "Showeather" Lombard.

brucebuffer_display_image.jpg

Didn't he announce Lombard as Lightning in the last fight?

I remember he announced a fighter using an old nickname, not sure if it was Hector.

I remember he announced a fighter using an old nickname, not sure if it was Hector.

Before the fight he called him Lightning, when the decision was announced he called him Showeather

Yep, he shouted 'Lightning' on recent even, lol.

I guess that while Buffer usually tries hard to announce fighters just as they want, it was too much. :icon_twis

he did and then used showeather after the fight

It's more than one man can take. These nicknames are going to push him into retirement.

Buffer has done a great job, but could use a change anyways. Loved the WEC announcer.

The hell is 'Showeather'?

http://showeather.com/pages/about-us

Hector "Lightning" Lombard and the brand has undergone a significant transformation. I wanted my new identity to satisfy my growth and perseverance as a professional competitive athlete.

From this moment on, I will be known as Hector "Showeather" Lombard. Through any ups and downs, through any injuries, wins or losses, I will always show up and do my best. I will always continue through fight THRU ANY WEATHER.

Its time to

Shango is an awesome nickname I didn't even like Lightning. Showeather? Come on.

Wait... so he just created his own portmanteau and has "rebranded" himself under obvious advisory of his new clothing venture marketing team? He changed his name to advertise for his clothing line? Really?

I don't blame Buffer one bit...

This was new news to me!!

Lightening was a better nicname, and 'Red King' is just as shit as 'Ares'.

What is it with Rory Mac and crap nicnames?

This was new news to me!!

Lightening was a better nicname, and 'Red King' is just as shit as 'Ares'.

What is it with Rory Mac and crap nicnames?

Dude the Waterboy was a great nickname. I remember I was at a UFC event at BWW and the waterboy was beating the crap out of che mills. I yelled out Mills must have spit in the cooler and the whole bar started laughing!

The UFC really needs a nickname consultant to come in and talk to these guys...

Shouldn't be allowed giving yourself a nickname. "Showeather" is friggin' ridiculous.

Back