Will Brooks signs with Ares FC

Koniradi98

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Apparently Ares signed Will Brooks and a handfull (former) EFC fighters.

Last edited:
Good signing for them he's still a good fighter, I know he's been losing lately but losing to guys like Tibau is no shame.

Lesar is an interesting pick up too, that guy has been matched up tough early in his career and his only loss is to probably UFC calibre Du Plessis.

Van Staden his next opponent is 19-11 and coming off 2 losses, hasn't fought anyone notable, is a career regional fighter it looks like.

One would think this is the easiest fight for Brooks in a long time and he should win easily by taking him down.

Most of Staden's wins have come from KO it looks like so he should prepare his striking for guys coming in looking for takedowns with accuracy and looking for the chin and temple for a quick KO instead of loading up on punches. He should also train on takedown defense to stall and tire Brooks, scrambling and looking to get a quick shot during scrambles and guillotines when he is on the ground.

Brooks should work on head movement in closing distance and cardio, no reason he should lose this fight given the vast difference in competition level.

Good signing for them he's still a good fighter, I know he's been losing lately but losing to guys like Tibau is no shame.

Lesar is an interesting pick up too, that guy has been matched up tough early in his career and his only loss is to probably UFC calibre Du Plessis.

Brooks did not lose to Tibau it was one of worst stoppages I've ever seen it was a new ref because the ref that was supposed to be in there quit days before

He "lost" to his teammate Gleison Tibau.

Regarding Du Plessis, he already got an offer from the UFC not that long ago but the KSW owners got pissed and probably will let him sit out his contract. (to be fair, his contract ends in october and with the whole COVID situation it won't make a big difference anyway).

But they seem to be quite bitter people in general, especially Lewandowski.

Regarding Du Plessis, he already got an offer from the UFC not that long ago but the KSW owners got pissed and probably will let him sit out his contract. (to be fair, his contract ends in october and with the whole COVID situation it won't make a big difference anyway).

But they seem to be quite bitter people in general, especially Lewandowski.

I don't really get that as a business move. You would think you could attract more good fighters if they knew they'd be able to go to the UFC if the opportunity comes up. Especially when there's not long left on his contract. Seems like fighters might have second thoughts about signing for them.

Yeah, they are doing the same with Gamrot.

Yeah, they are doing the same with Gamrot.

They'll probably end up doing the same with Soldic and Parnasse at some point in the near future then.

They should bear in mind that just because Khalidov never fancied fighting in the UFC doesn't mean noone does lol.

It will be better if they focus their promotion in Africa instead of Europe.

Back