Will anyone at BW beat TJ?

vyronturner

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Seriously, I dont see a single contender.

He might go down as the GOAT if he keeps on racking up title defenses

Edit: Fuck i just forgot about Cruz lol

Cruz got them bionic knees and is making a comeback.

its been 4 years since cruz held the belt

thats a long damn time wow

it really does seem like yesterday

He is still only 29 tho, so if he can come back and stay healthy

then yeah new champ

He has only fought Joe Soto, who put up a fight and Barao, who for some reason just doesnt seem the same, or at least that is what TJ does to him, will see if he ever fights Dodson again, i mean is not like he is undefeated on a streak of title defenses.

Cruz is the best bet

Faber would big brother him if they ever fought. I know they won't unless there's a lot of money on the line, but it's true.

Also, if Edgar ever drops to 135 he would handle tj

is this a serious thread?

135 still has relevant vets at the top like cruz and assuncao, and a shit ton of young talent: holdsworth, sterling, thomas almeida, and garbrandt, plus others like kang and tanaka.

TJ is a great fighter, but I just think he has Barao's number. He doesn't seem like an unstoppable killer like Aldo, or even Barao did not so long ago.

30 seconds in to the first round TJ will look at Cruz and think Fuck Me...

30 seconds in to the first round TJ will look at Cruz and think Fuck Me...

Made my lol. Wonder how many fighters think this after the first minute of a fight when they know they're overmatched. And I think this will be a fun fight, I hope Cruz stays healthy long enough for it to happen.

He's got his share of work ahead of him in Cruz, Assuncao, Rivera, Sterling and Almeida.

TJ looks really damn good right now and will be mighty tough to beat for anyone, but if being a fan of this sport for years has taught me anything, it's that some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug. Barao was absolutely dominant at BW until TJ beat the brakes off of him. Same with Anderson at MW until he got old and ran into Weidman, but Weidman would've been a helluva tough fight for the Spider at any point in his career. Styles make fights.

My point is that no one is unbeatable and as soon as you start thinking someone is, he'll get trolled and dive straight into a Werdum triangle choke.

Back