Wilder was mentally and physically destroyed... Imo Fury fight is a bit too soon, Do you agree?

Naoya#1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I felt so bad for Wilder and he wants to fight Fury again... Imo it's too soon. He should fight Whyte first and then Fury.

What Fury did to Wilder was... The worst thing you can to to a fighter.

Oh and Fury is a weirdo.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fecc11ac3-c103-4871-bf47-d50c1b8fb745

IMO he was so mentally broke that he's smart to cash in on this fight while he can... if he took a tune-up he'd risk looking bad or losing and not ever get a big money fight again.

He just tasted his blood nothing special i know a fighter that ate his opponent ear but i dont remember who

It would be smarter for him to have fought someone else and try and get back on his feet first Imo. I guess we will see what happens. Maybe he can look better than we are expecting.

Time would not make any difference.
If he was going to cash in on this fight it's better sooner then later. Wilder isn't getting any more power or speed going forward, and his craft is also stalled. Tactically there are a couple changes to make and then his odds are going to be as good as they are likely to get.

If Fury gets KTFO by Joshua this payday disappears. I would point out that if Fury beats AJ, the Wilder rematch is worth even more, but how long does Wilder wait for that smoke to clear?

Its only "too soon" if Wilder has a shot at getting better & if he wasn't vulnerable to getting hurt or losing rounds to younger hungrier, more skilled competition.
Also, with a potential AJ Fury trilogy and Usyk waiting in the wings could have been a long time to wait to get a shot at redemption or the belt.

WIlder is already at the tail end of his career he is not a spring chicken. He has a reputation of not being coach-able. He is not a conventional boxer. His skills are what they are at this point.

He could be thinking its now or never and knows he has reached his ceiling & prime. At the very least he can cash out on another huge payday and title shot.

I agree he should of took an easy tune up fight to help prepare a better strategy or new wrinkle to his game. Or to gain more confidence.
However, I think Wilder probably knows what is best for Wilder. People love to play armchair QB but let's not forget Wilder got himself this far so maybe he does know what's best for him. He knows more about being a champion than any of us on the forum. If he listened to us he would of hung it up or changed his style long before he became a champion.

Wilder is old. His success is predicated upon his athletic ability which is only going to decline. The quicker he takes the fight the better his chances.

He makes big bucks again and keeps a puncher’s chance. Not too bad, I guess - I used to think otherwise but let’s face it, he won’t change much of his game whenever the next big fight happens.

He shouldn't be fighting the guy who mauled him like that with no fights in between, of course I've stated before how incomplete he is but there's nothing that can be done about this, the whole old dogs/new tricks thing. I sincerely hope he doesn't crack up after this next fight, it could happen and has happened to a lot of fighters.

No! And it’s an absolute no brainer

If he wants his belt back he needs to to fight him before anyone else, otherwise it’s out of his hands. It was exactly the same with Joshua and Andy Ruiz. These guys have been champions for years, not taking the immediate rematch could end up with them being contenders for years before getting another shot. Time that wilder doesn’t have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back