Whys Junior Jones not talked about

Zimo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Had Barrera in his pocket yet Antonio gets all the acclaim

Junior was a p4p great

Those two fights were more due to Barrera sucking than due to Jones being great, Barrera eventually became a very different fighter.

But I agree, more should be said about those two losses in a row, considering barreras other losses are only to all time greats (minus khan)

I don’t know about p4p but he was good, MAB moved on the greater things while Jones didnt

I don't know, he was a name for awhile and someone who inspired Hearns' like adjectives because of his build and power. How many of the bigger names did he fight? Did he fight Kelly? I know he didn't fight Hamed. I kinda forgot about him. I obviously had some opinion on him at some point, some horny woman was searching for Poison and she said she found my name on a forum (might have been this one, don't remember) and she asked me if I knew how to get in touch with him on facebook. Thought that was kinda weird.

Junior lost to ppl that no P4P great would lose too.
guess so, i just glanced at his record, I didn't recognize some of those names he got kayoed by. I do remember he was getting some great push in the boxing media early on. Guys with his build almost always have two major problems, stamina and resilience.

is iran barkley a p4p great because he beat hearns twice?
no, but he was a good, world class fighter with a lot of ability. An era like that, you're doing well if you beat a big name or two. I still can't believe how he fit all that muscle into 160 pounds, he was the biggest middleweight I've ever seen.
Sugar Ray Robinson had a similar sentiment when speaking of Randy Turpin who he said should have been a heavyweight, but Barkely was way bigger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back