Why would nate not address what his prediciton of the fight would be?

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
I found it odd that nate refused to offer his thoughts on what the outcome of the fight will be.

I am no where close to a conor fan but it was almost like nate was already accepting defeat here.

Is he being paid to lose?
Does he just not believe he can win on 10 days notice?
Or is he just not wanting to give conor more material to work with?

What do you guys make of this.

Refused at the presser then again in this interview.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/24/conor-mcgregor-nate-diaz-ufc-fight-video/#ixzz419U7Y7m6

You heard him. "He don't give a fack!"

I think it was his way of saying that it is a fight and anything can happen.

I found it odd that nate refused to offer his thoughts on what the outcome of the fight will be.

I am no where close to a conor fan but it was almost like nate was already accepting defeat here.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/24/conor-mcgregor-nate-diaz-ufc-fight-video/#ixzz419U7Y7m6
now calm down bro....nate said it....he dont give a fwak...same way he replied to when asked about strategy...conor went at it like his usual self..."lack of preparation...soft skin bla bla"...Nate was " kill or be killed"...so lets see

I think that question came right after his second mic went out so he couldn't answer if he wanted to.

He is a Diaz bro, they never make predictions and just say they will show up and fight as hard as they can

Why bother, really? Nate wants to beat him anyway he can. Not like his prediction consists of anything along the lines of Conor knocking his jaw off

Unfortunately, Nate's attitude reminds me exactly of Nick's before the GSP fight. He knows he's going to lose and just wants the check. He's going to say some "shit" to try and draw viewers, but probably just wants to go the distance for the sake of his pride.

Hope I'm wrong, of course. If Nate subbed Conor, it would be a beautiful thing. Don't see it happening, though.

Because he knows one of his biggest weapons, cardio, will probably not be there since he's taking the fight on late notice and doing media instead of training.

Or, maybe he isn't a guy who lives in delusion and has the experience to understand that fighting is too volatile to waste time trying to be a fortune teller? Dude is one of the few left in the UFC who has the actual heart of a fighter. I think he just wants to fight, win or lose.

Nate has been in many fights where he had less than decent odds of remaining conscious to the end of the fight. He always comes out fighting and he always sounds the same as he did this time.

'Cause this... "give me my money..."
n6f895.jpg

He knows he's going to lose. I've seen that sort of response a million times and the fight always plays out the same. Conor is an elite fighter. Nate is coming in with zero preparation. No rounds. No game plan. Nothing.

Is there a single line from this press conference that Sherdog shrinks haven't tried to psychoanalyze?

That's what I was saying. He doesn't seem confident at all.

They asked him what his strategy was going into the fight and Nate didn't want to give anything away.

Just his style i think. I never hear Diaz brothers give predictions other than win or lose. And Nick normally does that more than Nate. He said "kill or be killed" basically as his response. Fair answer.

Back