Why was Ronda doing a weight cut ?

One MMA Fan

@Gold
Reaction score
Let me channel my inner @Concrete Whale ...

The big selling point was that she was focused and already on weight in the weeks/week before the fight right ? didn't Dana and her team maybe even her promoted this idea ?

I guess they like to exaggerate or Dolce can't read a scale since she herself posted this clear weight cutting routine:

Also Edmund bless.

@ortizgnp eh don't worry I still got Ronda by armbar but I'm not going to lie I will root for Nunes to score a KO on her.

<28>

Not sure what the point of this post is.

dnB4qqk.jpg

100% BS that Ronda was 135lbs a week before.

She had to look marketable for her stupid commercials.

everyone's doing it, it's the new trend.

She probably cut 5-10lbs less than usual. Her "cut from" weight looks way down from past fights according to the early week photos, and the ESPN article claims her camp weight was 145, and had been 155 for past UFC fights.

She always cuts. She's fairly big at the weight, look at all her previous fights (exception with Holm).

She probably cut 5-10lbs less than usual. Her "cut from" weight looks way down from past fights according to the early week photos, and the ESPN article claims her camp weight was 145, and had been 155 for past UFC fights.

Alright but why the: "already on weight for 2 weeks" routine ?

I know it maybe seems a bit nitpicking but hell I got no media from her so this is like 1 of the 5 press lines we have on her so yea slim pickings in the talking subjects.

Alright but why the: "already on weight for 2 weeks" routine ?

I know it maybe seems a bit nitpicking but hell I got no media from her so this is like 1 of the 5 press lines we have on her so yea slim pickings in the talking subjects.

I don't recall hearing she wasn't going to cut *any* weight. Maybe somebody said that. There's a photo on her Instagram (I don't know how to post these) of her 5 days before the Zingano fight, and her 5 days before this fight and there's a massive difference. Tonight will be the lightest she's been in the cage since Strikeforce.

I heard she cut from 345. She'd been on the Tim Syliva diet plan.

Let me channel my inner @Concrete Whale ...

The big selling point was that she was focused and already on weight in the weeks/week before the fight right ? didn't Dana and her team maybe even her promoted this idea ?

I guess they like to exaggerate or Dolce can't read a scale since she herself posted this clear weight cutting routine:

Also Edmund bless.

@ortizgnp eh don't worry I still got Ronda by armbar but I'm not going to lie I will root for Nunes to score a KO on her.

<28>

Pretty sure TS has a not so secret crush on Rhonda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back