Why was Hector Lombard announced as "Lightning" instead of "Showeather" yesterday?

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Did he came back to using his previous nickname or was it just an error by Buffer or whoever?

Anyways, I really don't like the "Showeather" thing, glad they didn't use it! :icon_lol:

because buffer thought showeather is a horrible nickname ...

... which it is. He did lombard a favor.

He had to fight first to show whether he deserved the new nickname.

You couldn't pay Bruce enough to use that stupid name.

Impressed with the serious answers I got so far..

It's funny because he was announced as lightning but when Buffer announced him as the winner he actually said Showeather.

Really? I must have missed it! lol

I paid attention to it because it was funny hearing him announce him as lightning first and I was happy that he lost that stupid Showeather name and than I hear it during the final announcement of the winner.

Buffer was waiting to see if Hector showed up so he could anoint his as Showeather during the winner of the fight announcement.

He shows up in ANY weather bro!

The whole UFC hates Lombard. They wont even allow him to choose his nickname.

Why in the world would Lombard pick that silly nickname. I would like to hear the back story on that one. The back story will most likely not be convincing at all.

Did he came back to using his previous nickname or was it just an error by Buffer or whoever?

Anyways, I really don't like the "Showeather" thing, glad they didn't use it! :icon_lol:

He used it when he announced the scores and the winner.

Back