• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why UFC don't make weight cut illegal?

Cause they dont care, no UFC deaths so far.

We'd miss out on some great fights and matchups and would eliminate a lot of super fights the ufc is always desperate for in this era.

Because who cares. It's a level playing field. You dorks act like Gleison Tibau is an undefeated world champ.

Weight cutting is such a small part of the sport. Maybe we should have then wear head gear and bigger gloves?

People will still cut weight, push the limits and fights would get cancelled often. It's so ignorant to think it's that simple.
A majority of weight cutting is water weight...it's pretty simple to test to see how hydrated someone is.

People always have, and always will, want to gain an advantage over their opponent by being bigger. As such, we've always had weight-cutting.

The easiest way to make weigh-cutting illegal is to have the fighters step on to the scale immediately before the fight. Bingo! No advantage for anyone. They'd just fight at their normal weight. This will never happen, of course, because of the potential of fights being called off at the last minute when someone comes in heavy.

I saw the weigh in pics and I am reminded that despite me being 5ft 11" and weighing 190 lbs
that I would be to small to compete at 145 lbs compared to the guys in 2021

Shane Burgos
shane-burgos-poses-on-the-scale-during-the-ufc-268-official-weighin-picture-id1351481634

Because that isn’t up to UFC. That’s up to the commissions

No, the UFC could add hydration testing on top of the commissions' weigh-in if they wanted to. Like they have USADA testing on top of commissions' testing.

The truth is that large corporations don't make massive changes to how they operate without having a very good reason to do so. And, presumably, Dana doesn't think there is a reason to fiddle with how things are right now.

Because its a part of combat sports and there's no reason to do so. People also overlook how competitive athletes think. They won't just stop trying to cut because they're told to. They'll endanger themselves trying to cut anyway. We saw that in boxing.

A majority of weight cutting is water weight...it's pretty simple to test to see how hydrated someone is.
And then when people fail these tests well just cancel fights at the last minute. The ufc probably doesn't want to risk that. Enough fights fall thru as is especially with covid.

I wrestled for over 10 years, it's clear you don't understand some really simple things. People's diet and everything would change and there would still be extremes including some more dangerous ones. People will still cut weight one way or another. You think it's that simple cause you obviously don't know anything about it despite claiming to be a pro fighter lol.

Back