Why so much hate on Man On The Moon

CardonaLJ**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
so I just watched the movie for the first time in a long time. Now personally I liked the movie but I know a lot of people who abhor the film. Why does it get such a bad rep?

I don't think the guy was worthy of having a movie made about him. He had a unique schtick and all that, but not everything needs to be a movie.

I don't know, but I enjoyed the movie and it wasn't hated as far as I remembered during its theatrical release.

Jim Carrey did a great job as Andy Kaufman. I enjoyed the movie and also thought it showed how good of a serious actor Carrey could be.

i thought it was quite good. i think the reception was pretty solid overall. it just wasn't a popular movie which kind of makes sense- the box office appeal was limited. kaufmann was a big thing in his time but its not as though he's still thought of that often among the younger generations.

i dont really know anyone who abhors it.

Loved this movie. Showed how complex AK was.

I don't think the guy was worthy of having a movie made about him. He had a unique schtick and all that, but not everything needs to be a movie.

This. Much adue about nothing. Though I love Jim Carrey, the energy level he put into becoming Kaufman was almost embarrassing. Carrey's career is 100x greater than Kaufman's so it was somewhat bizarre if not uncomfortable to watch. Sort of pointless and over-the-top.

I loved it. Kaufman was a polarising figure though, so it was probably destined to have a limited appeal. Carrey was superb as him, one of several performances that at least deserved nomination for an Oscar.

Kaufman's Elvis impersonations were magnificent. The man himself apparently said that Kaufman was the best he'd ever seen.

I loved this movie, but I haven't seen it since I was really young - like 10 or so.

Just kind of boring.
The only interesting parts where the things that had been shown over and over again.

Also, it was a bit of a labor to watch Carrey doing that naive, happy expression for over an hour.

Back