Why sleeping is essentially dying

I need to start takin better care of myself too.

Do it. Just do it.

The longer you wait, the harder it is to get right, and some damage can't be undone.

Smoke the reefer
the marijunana reefer

giphy.gif

What do you guys try to think about when your trying to sleep?

Llamas descending into fried chicken legs. It's the descending part that does the trick.
0d26a2c883326d4d-fried-chicken-gif.gif

A clone is a clone, that is, a copy. So yeah if you were somehow able to clone someone the clone wouldn't be the same person. Just a replica.

You lost me trying to apply this to sleeping though. It's the same physical body (the host of the consciousness). There is nothing to suggest that the consciousness that awakens is not the same one that fell asleep. They can even remember dreams, so it's not like they are completely gone during that time.

The only way that you as yourself would be able to live on would be to have your brain connected put in another body or somehow connected to a device that could keep it going allowing you to think and so on. Transferring all your memories to another device entirely will only mean there is a copy of it and once your original self dies poof you are gone completely

I had a friend who became addicted to meth and started shooting it up. When he first became addicted his parents and family intervened by taking him to a rehab clinic where he was able to give it up and become a devout christian who lived his day to day life on the teachings of the bible. I don't how or what happened but somehow he changed and went straight back to shooting it up. He would hear voices and think he was in a war zone so one night he ended up in some car park, broke the window of a car and slept in the back until the cops arrested him the next day.

Ever since then he's never been the same because he used to tell me that when he was taken to the mental health ward they had a secret underground area where they performed satanic practices and did experiments on him. After that he's never mentioned it and has never been the same person I used to know before the addiction. I believe the "original" is either dead or being kept for experimentation and the "person" they released is a clone of him.

From what I've read clones cannot completely function 100% like a real person and they require some sort of stimulant to keep their brains functional on a basic level. This is where I believe the meth comes into play because cloned brains can't produce endorphins on their own and need it in unnaturally high levels to sustain itself. I've been around him a couple times when he shoots the meth and everything revolves around getting the meth and shooting it into his vein. Once it's done he goes from hearing voices and people screaming to then talking in tongues and screaming out of his window at the sky. Then he does it all over again and it seems like nothing can change this behavior. Because of all this I believe the friend I once knew is no longer alive and has been replaced by a synthetic duplicate with implanted memories

<26>

tpb-ricky4.jpg very interesting subject to ponder on.

Do you guys think everyone is conscious?

Suppose you meet your clone and jerk each other off, does that make you gay?

Suppose they do successfully transfer your consciousness into something/someone else, wtf are you gonna do for 100 years or whatever?
I can think of many many things. For me, life is not never ending ennui; it's endless variety. And I think I may copy your AV for myself. Still love it.

I had the fucking sleep paralysis twice this morning and it scared the shit out of me. I have it pretty often tho.

Fear of death is just a product of your ego. It's already happened an infinite amount of times before and will happen an infinite amount of times again. Enlightenment is the only way out of the endless cycle
you talking about reincarnation or probability theory?

The thought of death keeps me awake, I usually think of my daughter and how better to support her future, I usually think of colleges and the conversations we will have in the future (she’s only 10 right now), then I think of how well financially prepared I already am for her and my wife, this brings immense comfort.

Usually does the trick

There's a very well received horror/sci fi game called Soma that deals with some of the exact topics discussed in here like copying consciousness.

That's why Shakespeare called them cousins.

Large breasts and tight pussies. What else does a heterosexual male think of?

The interesting thing about dreams is we rarely notice how ridiculous they are until we wake up. Only with the waking comparison does it seem ridiculous. Maybe there is another level where the waking world is like the sleeping world.

I die in my dreams too so it isn't dying.

I often figure out in the middle of a dream that it has to be a dream because the place I'm dreaming of no longer exists or the people that are in the dream have been dead for a long time. I'm very logical in my dreams.

Back