Why ppl who hate on Hardy are complaining about him fighting cans...

because I don't want to see two cans go at in on the main card. pretty simple. i only care about seeing greg hardy fight someone with a pulse.
maxresdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

They should just put him up against a top 10 and really test him. He's not gonna improve as much by fighting bums and the fans are getting bored with the slow progression of his career. Give him a real test and it will only make him a better fighter

The Greg Hardy situation is odd. I wouldn't doubt there are mixed feels about him even at UFC offices.

He could have been on a main card, instead of being on Tuesday Contenders. He's a bigger draw than majority of fighters.

I don't know if they're holding him back, or grooming him for success.

obviously grooming him for success, how are they possibly holding him back? His last two opponents are unranked 0-2 in the ufc (now 0-3) and 1-1 in the UFC (now 1-2) they are hardly holding him back

Stop. He is being fed cans. Its so obvious. His last fight against Smolyakov was the closest the UFC has come to a "fixed fight" since I've been watching.

This Juan Adams one was strange too.. The only thing Juan did was grab Hardys leg, then roll to his side while under Hardy (as a supposed wrestler?) and then basically put himself in perfect GNP position with no defence.. I am not really sure what Hardy did to help Juan get in such a bad spot, looked like Juan did that all by himself. Odd.

Meh, it's not like the main cards of random Fight Nights are reserved for exclusively elite fighters. We're not talking about a PPV card. Here are some fighters on the main cards of fight nights recently:

Aspen Ladd (main event)
Wellington Turman
Anthony Rocco Martin
Marco Polo Reyes
Anderson Dos Santos
Montana De La Rose

It's not so egregious to have Greg Hardy against some dude on the main card of a fight night. He's a legit potential future champ, with a decent following already... why not showcase him.

Also, your comment of him being "famous for getting chucked from the NFL for assaulting a woman" is just asinine... he's famous for being an All-Pro NFL player. We're talking about the elite of the elite freak athletes in the world. That's something special.

Legit potential future heavyweight champ?

Get the fuck out of here, his last two opponents were 0-2 and 1-1 in the UFC, unranked fighters.

You do know instead of fighting bums, to actually get to the belt, and i am talking realistically not some dana white golden set up path to success.. is Hardy has to basically beat, Ngannou, Stipe, or DC (if still around) and Lewis/Volkov

This Juan Adams one was strange too.. The only thing Juan did was grab Hardys leg, then roll to his side while under Hardy (as a supposed wrestler?) and then basically put himself in perfect GNP position with no defence.. I am not really sure what Hardy did to help Juan get in such a bad spot, looked like Juan did that all by himself. Odd.

It wasn't odd at all. What he tried to do is milk a warning for the back to the head shots. That's what he was complaining about, i thought it was obvious.

It wasn't odd at all. What he tried to do is milk a warning for the back to the head shots. That's what he was complaining about, i thought it was obvious.

Couldn't see that on the grainy footage I saw, need better footage :p

Legit potential future heavyweight champ?

Get the fuck out of here, his last two opponents were 0-2 and 1-1 in the UFC, unranked fighters.

You do know instead of fighting bums, to actually get to the belt, and i am talking realistically not some dana white golden set up path to success.. is Hardy has to basically beat, Ngannou, Stipe, or DC (if still around) and Lewis/Volkov
Of course he's fighting unranked fighters, he's an unranked fighter himself....

I'm not saying he WILL be the future champ. It's incredibly unlikely that any fighter will become champ. I'm just saying he possesses the potential to be champ at some point down the line, if he continues to improve his skills and win fights. I'm talking 2-3 years down the road... DC will be retired, Stipe will be 39 years old. It's impossible to predict how the division will look then, but Hardy has a chance to be in the mix. Denying that seems foolish.

Brock was fighting top ten opponents right on his second mma fight. Hardy is absolutely going against cans and alot of it looks fixed as fuck too. Put him against andrei and see how he does

...when they also claim he is a can himself?

What kind of retarded logic is that? Ufc is just matching him with fighters of his own status. It will change soon though (if he keeps winning).
I thought Hardy and Adams were more evenly matched. I didn't expect Hardy to run through him effortlessly.

Because he was supposed to get destroyed by Juan Adams according to Sherdog and they can't stand that he didn't.

These people only enjoy MMA when they get their way and throw tantrums like spoiled children otherwise.

Back