Why only black and white?

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Every fighter is wearing exactly the same outfit, every single fight. It looks really pathetic and amateurish. I thought individuality was going to be kept? Did that mean only the names on shorts is what would be individual?

Also, if Sponsors plastered all over shorts is so unprofessional, what about the sponsor all over the cage and mat? iTune App Store games? Really?

Fighters making money is not allowed but it certainly looks like UFC has tons of sponsors.

Man.. just watch the fucking fights

How dare you question Reebok or the UFC's financial department.

I like to go to reebok's apparel and shoe sites and take screen grabs then set them grey scale so everything looks like the ufc outfits.

I think it's sharp. It's a nice way to have a sport, every other sport wears a uni.

2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif

it's easier to tell the difference for the people that have black and white tvs

They should have done blue and red to match the tape on the gloves, but whatever.

I just don't understand why someone can't wear a combination of other colours besides black and white.

It's really quite bizarre.

The material is breathable , breathable fabrics only come in black and white

The black and white drives me crazy. Especially the stupid candy cane stripe.

The original Reebok FAQ stated that fighters would be able to choose their color and that it had to be different from the other fighter. I wonder why the policy changed?

Imagine if every football or basketball game just had black uniforms vs. white uniforms. Seeing colors helps presentation and fans of sports team especially like to represent their team colors.

Back