Why not make Maynard vs Penn?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I mean I guess Maynard would have a better chance at hurting BJ then Hall but Hall has a better chance of winning. Maynard strictly is using his wrestling at this point to stay in the game which BJ would be okay with (obviously not against someone like Edgar). I would be a lot more comfortable with that fight given that both are OG's and counted out at this point. If BJ won then great because it's been a while if Maynard won that's good too because he's an OG and "rejuvenating" his career (I know it wouldn't mean that but marketing wise they could make it happen.)

giphy_s.gif

Maynard has had the most rapid decline of any fighter I've ever seen. It would be cruel.

I remember back in 2010 Maynard wanted no part of BJ so they gave it to Frankie instead. Rest is history.

I think those two have a decent professional relationship. BJ was his coach on TUF, and then they trained together. But it would be the perfect match-up.

I think those two have a decent professional relationship. BJ was his coach on TUF, and then they trained together. But it would be the perfect match-up.
Right? If they are going to let them fight they might as well put two fighters where you think "please don't take another fight" together so at least one of them gets a win.

Would be more interesting tbh

Why not avoid booking this stupid fight altogether? Is it really that hard to fill a fight card with relevant fighters now? Is that why we're seeing Lesnar, Penn, Ortiz, Chuck, and CM Punk thrown in the mix?

I'd rather watch 25 minutes of black screen.

I think they're friends.

but that would be most likely a double KO.

I mean I guess Maynard would have a better chance at hurting BJ then Hall but Hall has a better chance of winning. Maynard strictly is using his wrestling at this point to stay in the game which BJ would be okay with (obviously not against someone like Edgar). I would be a lot more comfortable with that fight given that both are OG's and counted out at this point. If BJ won then great because it's been a while if Maynard won that's good too because he's an OG and "rejuvenating" his career (I know it wouldn't mean that but marketing wise they could make it happen.)
They are friends and ex training partners.. Doubt they would fight one another, if it's not for a belt.

They used to train a lot together, I think they are pretty close.

Why not make these guys sit the fuck down and face the reality of time. Anyone that was ever a fan of B.J. should be willing to let him go. Blood licking, motivated B.J. is gone and never, ever coming back. I wish Nick and Yair would have left him unconscious so the message would have gotten through to him. Just a beating was never enough for a warrior like him.

we'll know which fighter has decline more after that fight! i think maynard would win, tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back