Why isn't Bernie Sanders demanding the abolishment of superdelegates?

nefti

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
why is he relatively silent on this anti democratic policy?

Because aside from the narrative being pushed, Clinton won the real delagates as well. She wasn't down per the people's vote and then get handed the victory by the supers

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/democratic_delegate_count.html#!

Agreed, super delegates are stupid and not the will of the people, but Bernie didn't lose because of them. He lost anyway

Now if the media pushing the narrative of being up by so much because they were always including the pledged Supers (like 90% to Clinton) was used as a tool to keep Bernie supporters discouraged and on the fence voters to stay home that's a different discussion

He's not actually a Democrat so his demands don't have real weight.

Because Bernie IS the establishment

He's been in government for like 30 years and never done anything else

It's amazing how he ran as an outsider, but I guess anyone is compared to hillary

bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-8-2-16-1.jpg

the same reason he touted Hilary after losing to her

he's a pawn

A narcissistic, megalomaniacal, sociopathic billionaire is about to take the oath of office and become the 45th president of the United States.

So Bernie has bigger fish to fry right now.

Because aside from the narrative being pushed, Clinton won the real delagates as well. She wasn't down per the people's vote and then get handed the victory by the supers

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/democratic_delegate_count.html#!

Agreed, super delegates are stupid and not the will of the people, but Bernie didn't lose because of them. He lost anyway

Now if the media pushing the narrative of being up by so much because they were always including the pledged Supers (like 90% to Clinton) was used as a tool to keep Bernie supporters discouraged and on the fence voters to stay home that's a different discussion
Lmao how the fuck is that a different discussion?

I'll just bring up this one great quote on why it should be in this discussion:
the media pushing the narrative of being up by so much because they were always including the pledged Supers (like 90% to Clinton) was used as a tool to keep Bernie supporters discouraged and on the fence voters to stay home

The MSMs propaganda handed Clinton the nomination and Trump the presidency.

Media manipulation aside, the super delegates exist partially because they're free to vote for whomever they feel has the best chance for the presidency, regardless of voter choice. Clinton was a shit candidate, they should have known that. More than that, you'd think that some of their clever analysts they have would have predicated that Trump's message would resonate strongly in areas like the rust belt, and that a woman who's spent much more time speaking to Wall Street than campaigning for lower or middle class people would not be able to compete.

The super delegates could have swung the vote, but instead they overwhelmingly threw their support behind Clinton, severely disproportionate even to the normal delegate vote. Not only did they manipulate the results from the very onset, also did they fail to see who they were up against, the fact that Clinton was, is and always would be a super shit candidate, and that the current political climate demanded someone with a radical message, not "Hey, more of the same!".

He's too busy enjoying his new mansion on the lake that was purchased around the time he endorsed Hillary.

why is he relatively silent on this anti democratic policy?

He fought for it at the convention.

The people that lost an election to Donald Trump aka hillary people, opposed it.

It isn't a public fight that helps him. However happy it may make you or me for him to pick this fight in public, he would lose the tentative party support he currently has.

I kind of agree he should pick the fight though, because I think sanders must believe in fairy tales to think he can reform the Democratic party from within.

This whole electoral votes thing made me wonder why
it was set up in the first place.

What are the advantages ?

1. There are far more important issues to address
2. The super-delegates wouldn't have been as big an issue if the DNC and media hadn't already colluded against Sanders.

A narcissistic, megalomaniacal, sociopathic billionaire is about to take the oath of office and become the 45th president of the United States.

So Bernie has bigger fish to fry right now.

Does he though?

The democratic party has control of nothing right now. At best they can play the roll of obstructionist in the senate.

It seems to me like the perfect time to worry more about Democratic party reform, and having a fight over the soul of the Democratic party.

Because Bernie IS the establishment

He's been in government for like 30 years and never done anything else

It's amazing how he ran as an outsider, but I guess anyone is compared to hillary

His legislative history says otherwise.

My favorite thing about sanders was that I didn't have to trust him, I merely needed to read his legislative history.

Because he left the democratic party after he got trounced -- he only joined so he could have a stage to run on.

Except the super-delegates all declared for Hillary before the campaign started. They didn't wait to hear what voters would do. Subsequently the media declared Hillary the winner long before the race got going, and it Bernie was always a significant underdog, to the point where people didn't even take him seriously until late in the game. Had he been taken seriously sooner, he may have raised more money and had a better chance. The system is rigged. #draintheswamp

Back