Why is UFC so bush league recently?

I didn't realize WME called the shots with not only how judges rule and what calls refs make, but even telling fighters what decisions to make during fights. Please tell me more about WME's amazing power.
Hollywood apologist detected.
You didn’t realize that the entity at top of an entire eco system has no influence over refs, commissions etc that basically depend on that entity’s business? Walmart can’t influence bread prices at all in your world either.

Hollywood apologist detected.
You didn’t realize that the entity at top of an entire eco system has no influence over refs, commissions etc that basically depend on that entity’s business? Walmart can’t influence bread prices at all in your world either.
So educate me. What is a decision WME influences and why? What do they get out of DQs and split decisions?

And what sorry place do you have to live where Walmart influences your bread prices? lol

Romanov vs Espino ended via nut shot
Leon vs Belal ended via eye poke
Aljo vs Yan ended via illegal knee
Anders vs Stewart ended via illegal knee

UFC is worse than ONE smh, these bums only want to take the easy DQ win

What a shit show

Wow "want" is a strong word here. This guys get smashed by illegal blows. Blame the people do the illegal shots, not the ones who take them.

Honestly I am surprised it doesn't happen more. I think refs need to start taking points quicker and people will learn to not strike where it is a risk.

The thought crossed my mind watching last nights Bellator card that the fights don't seem to get stopped as quickly. Fighters still get a chance to overcome adversity. These days UFC fighters get a little wobbled and the fight is stopped.

The thought crossed my mind watching last nights Bellator card that the fights don't seem to get stopped as quickly. Fighters still get a chance to overcome adversity. These days UFC fighters get a little wobbled and the fight is stopped.
Do you have specific examples? Late stoppage are still far more common than early stoppages from my view.

The Daley fight for sure. That would have been stopped if it were a UFC fight.

Edit: In a way I get it. More eyes are on this sport than ever now days. I don't think the current ownership wants the sport to be seen as savagery.

They always have been.
pretty much but the crowds woooing, yelling and screaming take the attention away from stuff like this.

this is what happens when you have one company controlling every aspect of what the fighters do and wear but fail to address illegal shots, what is and isn't okay, warnings, fines, etc.

The Daley fight for sure. That would have been stopped if it were a UFC fight.

Edit: In a way I get it. More eyes are on this sport than ever now days. I don't think the current ownership wants the sport to be seen as savagery.
I don't think it would have been stopped in the UFC. I don't rule out that the UFC leans on commissions sometimes and referees succumb to pressure (be it the audience, situation, etc.). But it's a real big stretch. The UFC opened up on ABC with Holloway brutalizing Katar, and Herb was the ref. Why didn't that fight get stopped if the UFC has been leaning on commissions and officials like you think it has? That was their network debut, Herb has historically been friendly with the UFC, and the fight was on Fight Island, where the UFC is its own commission?

Romanov vs Espino ended via nut shot
Leon vs Belal ended via eye poke
Aljo vs Yan ended via illegal knee
Anders vs Stewart ended via illegal knee

UFC is worse than ONE smh, these bums only want to take the easy DQ win

What a shit show
131sgnrly1x51.jpg J5Yoltd.jpg p3jgxp53o7h41.jpg

Reactions: lsa
I don't think it would have been stopped in the UFC. I don't rule out that the UFC leans on commissions sometimes and referees succumb to pressure (be it the audience, situation, etc.). But it's a real big stretch. The UFC opened up on ABC with Holloway brutalizing Katar, and Herb was the ref. Why didn't that fight get stopped if the UFC has been leaning on commissions and officials like you think it has? That was their network debut, Herb has historically been friendly with the UFC, and the fight was on Fight Island, where the UFC is its own commission?
It's just an observation I had last night watching the Daley fight. This is just recently I think this way, last month or so.

It's just an observation I had last night watching the Daley fight. This is just recently I think this way, last month or so.
Yeah, I don't think it's really grounded in reality. Why would WME only start leaning on commissions this month? They've owned the UFC for years, and they've been gunning for their IPO for a few years as well.

Yeah my dude, I'm not in a Walmart grocery area. But neither here nor there. Educate me, what in fight decisions did WME influence please? Be specific.
If you don’t have the brain cells to comprehend influence direct and indirect by the one controlling majority of the revenue and writing your pay checks you need to go to business school (after you complete basic schooling of course) not waste your time on a karate forum lol

If you don’t have the brain cells to comprehend influence direct and indirect by the one controlling majority of the revenue and writing your pay checks you need to go to business school (after you complete basic schooling of course) not waste your time on a karate forum lol
Oh I agree the UFC has far too much influence and that it's dangerous. I'll even cite McGregor-Mayweather being sanctioned as a clear example of that crookedness. But if you think WME gives enough of a shit to have a ref stop a fight early on the prelims but let Holloway beat Kattar half to death on ABC, I got a bridge to sell you.

Oh I agree the UFC has far too much influence and that it's dangerous. I'll even cite McGregor-Mayweather being sanctioned as a clear example of that crookedness. But if you think WME gives enough of a shit to have a ref stop a fight early on the prelims but let Holloway beat Kattar half to death on ABC, I got a bridge to sell you.
Even your fictional bridge is rather limited in scope.

Even your fictional bridge is rather limited in scope.
Humor me. If WME is pushing refs to stop fights early, what happened during Holloway Kattar? Why did Herb not stop the fight?

Back