Why is nobody talking about Cheick Kongo? Kongo vs Fedor, why not?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
5-2 in Bellator, almost Bellator HW GOAT.

I got Kongo by decision.

Bellator HW GOAT.
Vladimir-Putin-laugh-gif.gif

Because King Mo out-wrestled him, and said he's interested in the fight.

King Mo is ranked #11 in the world at HW (by Fight Matrix) Minakov is 15, and Kongo is #16.

It does surprise me that his name never gets brought up. I guess his reputation took a huge hit from that Mo loss.

Kongo has that style to pull of any upset. He is a big strong guy with very sharp striking. If only he can avoid gassing or getting taken down.

Fedor had many offers and went with Jaideep. I agree I would watch the fight you proposed.

Because King Mo out-wrestled him, and said he's interested in the fight.

King Mo is ranked #11 in the world at HW (by Fight Matrix) Minakov is 15, and Kongo is #16.

It does surprise me that his name never gets brought up. I guess his reputation took a huge hit from that Mo loss.

It shouldn't be. Kongo's been hovering around the top 15ish at HW since around the CC win. He's still handling himself pretty well regardless of the King Mo loss. He's a tough fight for anyone as shown by him rebounding with a win over Volkov.

Kongo has that style to pull of any upset. He is a big strong guy with very sharp striking. If only he can avoid gassing or getting taken down.

Almost ANY heavyweight has the styles and makings to pull off a huge upset or come back due to their sheer SIZE and POWER. Add that to the fact that for a HW Kongo's striking is decently crisp and can be on point accurate when he's feeling it and that's the LAST thing you want... A huge HW with huge power who also throw accuratley especially in VOLUME... and yes, if only he ACTUALLY could AVOID GASSING or not getting taken down... Unfortunantely it's Kongo so he CANNOT avoid gassing, EVER and his TDD damn well sucks....

Almost ANY heavyweight has the styles and makings to pull off a huge upset or come back due to their sheer SIZE and POWER. Add that to the fact that for a HW Kongo's striking is decently crisp and can be on point accurate when he's feeling it and that's the LAST thing you want... A huge HW with huge power who also throw accuratley especially in VOLUME... and yes, if only he ACTUALLY could AVOID GASSING or not getting taken down... Unfortunantely it's Kongo so he CANNOT avoid gassing, EVER and his TDD damn well sucks....

Crocop, Buentello, Barry, Mitrione, Jordan, and Volkov are all pretty solid victories. Never the cream of the crop but sure as shit tougher than Jaideep.

Crocop, Buentello, Barry, Mitrione, Jordan, and Volkov are all pretty solid victories. Never the cream of the crop but sure as shit tougher than Jaideep.
I 100% agree with you on that, that whole situation was stupid.... that fight was an insult to our entertainment, and an insult to our intelligence.... As a Hardcore MMA fan I was ashamed that Fedor was even at the SAME EVENT as him, but also it was his opponent.... Straight slap to my face if I ever felt one.

Kongo is probably the most boring fighter on the Bellator HW roster besides Johnson.

Kongo is probably the most boring fighter on the Bellator HW roster besides Johnson.

He's had boring fights but ever since his fight against Barry I've been a huge fan. One of the craziest fights I've ever seen and it all lasted a couple minutes. Shows that no matter where you have him he's a dangerous dude.

Cheick is a scary looking black guy too, it will sell in Japan.

Kongo is a decent matchup at this point and i would really like this fight but i believe there are better ones available. King Mo wants this fight and has a recent win over Kongo. Sergei is in the picture aswell. that is a fight many mma fans me included wanted to see for a verry long time.

becuase he lost to King Mo.

King Mo vs Fedor is a good fight though.

Back