Why is Michelle Waterson such a focus this week?

There is a lot of focus because the UFC f***ed up tremendously for thinking she was cannon fodder for VanZant—Michelle was highly underhyped for that match and now the UFC is making up for the error of their ways.

Answer:

New owners push 'hot' fighters even more shamelessly than the old owners did.

If you thought multiple fake interim belts and senseless match ups were bad now, just wait til they get going.

Gotta replace Rousey with someone.

Why this week? What's so special about focusing on her this week? That's my main point. She fought 2 months ago and there isn't any indication of her fighting anytime soon. Was hoping there was more behind the story other than "she's a fighter who happens to be sexy"

I think it happend like 2 or 3 weeks ago she switched management teams to WME so now she gets a push and this is their first real oppertunity

Wasnt there some guy saying the UFC should push her last week. I guess they read sherdog.

Trying to bring her in on the Fox broadcasts. Like Bullet vs Pena. That would be my guess.

Exposure.

I like Michelle a lot, but she was awful at commentating. Just not cut out for it.

I've noticed headlines consisting of Waterson over the last 10 days. MMAFighting's YouTube Channel has several youtube clips today, consisting of UFC 208 Scrum and workout in Brooklyn. Last time I checked, she resides in New Mexico, so its not like she lives/trains in Brooklyn. If I didn't know better, I would think she was fighting this Saturday. This isn't a complaint or a knock on Waterson whatsoever, just straight up curiosity why there is so much focus on her leading up to a PPV that she's not fighting on.

Because ass and tits.

There is a lot of focus because the UFC f***ed up tremendously for thinking she was cannon fodder for VanZant—Michelle was highly underhyped for that match and now the UFC is making up for the error of their ways.

Maybe, but Felice Herrig revealed that Michelle was scheduled to headline that card with Felice. 2 Weeks later, they replaced Felice with Vanzant.

Paige had made comments about not getting paid enough, she is NOT repped by WME and she has not looked like a great fighter.

I'm thinking this Waterson push was in the making for awhile.

Additional evidence: She tried out for the FOX analyst job *before* her fight with Paige.

UFC needs a new Ronda. She can fill the spot until Joanna reconstructs her face

Half of Sherdog would let McGregor go balls deep in them but wonder why Waterson is getting attention...this site seems more and more homosexual by the day.

Answer:

New owners push 'hot' fighters even more shamelessly than the old owners did.

If you thought multiple fake interim belts and senseless match ups were bad now, just wait til they get going.

Well, at least this one is:

1. Actually hot. (Unlike Rousey)
sgG1dM0.jpg

2. Actually a talented fighter. (Unlike Paige)
kYi6H4S.jpg

Well, at least this one is:

1. Actually hot. (Unlike Rousey)
sgG1dM0.jpg

2. Actually a talented fighter. (Unlike Paige)
kYi6H4S.jpg
Number 2 applies to both PVZ and Honda. At least PVZ has looks and dat body on her side.
92087ebba3cec78c9b5e4d9de8bb5877.jpg

Half of Sherdog would let McGregor go balls deep in them but wonder why Waterson is getting attention...this site seems more and more homosexual by the day.

You are just figuring this out? Threads about male fighters being hot get twice the hits. This place is a raging cesspool of repressed homosexuality.

Any female sports professional who doesn't look like the stereotypical phys ed teacher should be promoted, to diversify the fan base. WNBA, LPGA, etc.

I would call Ronda the, "Discount" Karate Hottie.
Waterson is better looking and a more complete fighter.

You and about 300 other people.

Waterson will never achieve the level of recognition and following prime Rousey did. That's why she's a discount version of Rousey.

WME has found the next star. She'll have a sponsored YouTube channel next and then a music video before they roll out the feature film starring all of the top female fighters.

Back