Why is Khabib p4p one of the best ??

It's semantics but "demolished"??

Khabib CONTROLLED him on the ground. Maybe it's just me, but I think the word "demolished" should be used when damage is done. Khabib hugged RDA for most of 15 minutes. He landed a whopping 36 sig strikes the entire fight to 22 for RDA. It was a boring hugest with Khabib good enough to control RDA but not good enough to do damage and with RDA good enough to avoid damage but not good enough to do anything else.

Khabib DEMOLISHED Barboza on the ground. That's demolishing someone. The RDA fight was control sure, but almost nothing else.
Oh please, he hip tossed RDA while RDA was in an advantageous position attempting a takedown. It was embarrassing. At some point when control is so absolute you can say demolish. RDA couldn’t do anything, Khabib put a straight jacket on him. Even Colby and Usman couldn’t establish that level of control.

Khabib never faced another wrestler so he's unchallenged? So striking is just trash then, right?

Sory bozos, that's not how it works. Give GGG or Canelo 6 months of TDD and they'd spark Khabib up in 1 minute and knock him out. The reason Khabib is so dominant is that there are no strong punchers in the division. Poirier isn't a strong puncher even if MMA fans think he is. He's probably weaker than the best boxing welterweights, I guarantee prime pacman hits harder than anyone in the 155 pound division.

Everyone at LW have lost to at least one fighter. Khabib is pretty lucky that he has beaten everyone he faced.
tumblr_pp6kps4N4f1r7vh24o1_500.gif

tumblr_pp6kps4N4f1r7vh24o2_540.gif

Barboza Beast Gatekeeper...

Oh please, he hip tossed RDA while RDA was in an advantageous position attempting a takedown. It was embarrassing. At some point when control is so absolute you can say demolish. RDA couldn’t do anything, Khabib put a straight jacket on him. Even Colby and Usman couldn’t establish that level of control.

That's control imo, not "demolition". Again, 36 total sig strikes landed and not one of them actually did any damage.

He controlled him for sure, but whatever, semantics I guess.

That's control imo, not "demolition". Again, 36 total sig strikes landed and not one of them actually did any damage.

He controlled him for sure, but whatever, semantics I guess.
Why’re you focusing on semantics though? The point is there are people that actually think Kevin Lee can outwrestle Khabib, or that some magic combination of his strikes (which weren’t good enough against a limited Iaquinta) and his inferior wrestling is the answer against Khabib. Now people think Gaethje’s wrestling (which he never uses and which he’s admitted makes him tired) is good enough for Khabib. Pure fantasies. Khabib will only lose in 2 scenarios, GSP or he moves to WW. There is no one at LW that will offer him any trouble IMo, including Tony.

What a stupid thread.

Unlike Ortega, Khabib didn't fold against the best in division.

Why’re you focusing on semantics though? The point is there are people that actually think Kevin Lee can outwrestle Khabib, or that some magic combination of his strikes (which weren’t good enough against a limited Iaquinta) and his inferior wrestling is the answer against Khabib. Now people think Gaethje’s wrestling (which he never uses and which he’s admitted makes him tired) is good enough for Khabib. Pure fantasies. Khabib will only lose in 2 scenarios, GSP or he moves to WW. There is no one at LW that will offer him any trouble IMo, including Tony.

I disagree that Tony can't give him some problems but I do agree that neither Lee nor Gaethje have anything for him.

Khabib never faced another wrestler so he's unchallenged? So striking is just trash then, right?

Sory bozos, that's not how it works. Give GGG or Canelo 6 months of TDD and they'd spark Khabib up in 1 minute and knock him out. The reason Khabib is so dominant is that there are no strong punchers in the division. Poirier isn't a strong puncher even if MMA fans think he is. He's probably weaker than the best boxing welterweights, I guarantee prime pacman hits harder than anyone in the 155 pound division.

I just want to say current pacman hits much harder than any mma fighter 170 or under

I disagree that Tony can't give him some problems but I do agree that neither Lee nor Gaethje have anything for him.

It's cool to see a Tony fan admitting it's unlikely Khabib loses to any 155 fighter other than Tony

I feel the same way about Tony

Obviously I make Khabib favourite, as I'm a fan, but I wouldn't bet much on it!

This is completely ridiculous. Anyone in the UFC can knock out Khabib. If you dont know this then you obviously know nothing about fighting.

Of Khabibs 12 UFC fights he has only fought a handful of elite fighters...non of which had elite ground game.

Khabib cant get knocked as long as he fights strikers and takes them down before taking significant damage.

Khabib is purely one dimensional. He simply plays it safe and has up until now only received stylistically favorable matchups. As soon as he fights high level ground guy with above average striking...his career is over.

gettyimages-148012174-1024x1024.jpg
20120707_mjr_su5_028_extra_large.jpg
khabib-nurmagomedov-al-iaquinta-ufc-223-8.jpg
121_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_vs_Al_Iaquinta.0.jpg
You're absolutely delusional and oblivious if you actually believe this non sense.

Tibau clearly beat Khabib and short notice part timer t rex arms not even ranked Raging Al prevented Khabib from keeping him down and forced him to stand.

Justin Gaethje as a division 1 wrestler is far superior to Raging Al and unlike Raging Al...Gaethje has knockout power.

Justin Gaethje is an absolute nightmare matchup for Khabib...far worse than even Ferguson.

And dont even compare King Colby or Usman to Khabib cause they would both dominate Khabib with ease.

Its ridiculous how some of you casual fans place this false invincibility on Khabib. Its absolutely ridiculous.

Who has Khabib beaten that makes you think this? He hasnt beaten anyone who hasnt been beaten before. Styles make fights and he has been blessed with favorable matchups for all of his 12 UFC fights.

Khabib is nowhere as good as you are trying to make him out to be.

I'll offer my opinion on this one.

Firstly, he is a stud of a grappler. Life long practioner, and forged in a volatile hell scape of poverty, violence, and backwards ideology.

Secondly, he has a size edge. There's atleast a short list of fighters who kind of bullied their divisions by virtue of being able to make weight, but on frames suited to higher weight classes. IIRC, he cuts like 25, 30lbs of weight to make 155.

Lastly, he will always have a mental edge over his opponents. There's also an air of invincibility about him, that all of his opponents are acutely aware of.

I wouldn't consider him the GOAT, yet, but relative to his weight class, he probably will be. Perfect record weighs pretty heavily, imo. I'd like to see him get through a few more people first, and face another wrestler of his caliber.

Having said all that, I'm just not a fan of his beliefs. I'm sure if you had a private conversation with him, as part of his inner circle, and raised the issue of homosexuality, jews, women his replies would be apparently troubling. That's not really relevant, but I'm putting it out there anyway.

It's cool to see a Tony fan admitting it's unlikely Khabib loses to any 155 fighter other than Tony

I feel the same way about Tony

Obviously I make Khabib favourite, as I'm a fan, but I wouldn't bet much on it!

Because it's obvious to anyone who pays attention how good Khabib is at sapping the energy of his opponents. He has mastered the art of making dangerous guys less so by tiring them with relentless grappling. I cannot see Lee or Justin having anywhere near the cardio necessary to test Khabib's own cardio later in a fight. He would break them with his pace.

The reason Tony is intriguing is because of his elite cardio and what he has shown he can do as fights go on. I assume Khabib will get the better of the fight early, I want to see if he's able to tire Tony out like he has basically everyone else. Tony never tires, but Khabib tires out everyone. Unstoppable force vs immovable object.

Because it's obvious to anyone who pays attention how good Khabib is at sapping the energy of his opponents. He has mastered the art of making dangerous guys less so by tiring them with relentless grappling. I cannot see Lee or Justin having anywhere near the cardio necessary to test Khabib's own cardio later in a fight. He would break them with his pace.

The reason Tony is intriguing is because of his elite cardio and what he has shown he can do as fights go on. I assume Khabib will get the better of the fight early, I want to see if he's able to tire Tony out like he has basically everyone else. Tony never tires, but Khabib tires out everyone. Unstoppable force vs immovable object.

Khabib could be up 3-0 and that wouldn't stop Tony

Tony could lose every round and still finish the Job

Both these guys are so mentally strong

My only worry is how Khabib manages if he is busted open

It's weird to see Tony not cut dudes up

I like trash talk with Tony fans and say the fights easy, but I know it's not

Khabib will need a perfect game plan to escape this fight unscathed

I just hope to fuck it happens next

If Tony wins? I will be the first to congratulate him

Hopefully the time comes, we can all have some Av bets and other shit!

Just someone who has decent grappling lots of people lose. Barboza lost to Lee himself, but he out strikes many a folk
Lee is a good fighter but since Al is no longer listed as a top 10 ,Lee for sure should not be and Khabib running roughshod over anybody Tony beat is a waste of his time.

Another great point.

Tony cuts up the face of everyone he's fought.

Khabib has never been cut.

So many crazy questions with this fight!

Khabib being up 3 rounds to zero and Tony not giving up will be much like Double J vs Waterson. Waterson was down 3 rounds to 0 and didn’t give up mentally either but the person giving the beating was just as mentally strong but physically stronger.

Another great point.

Tony cuts up the face of everyone he's fought.

Khabib has never been cut.

So many crazy questions with this fight!

Lol I know

A guy that's never busted up, fighting Edward scissorhands

I think it is the Foyd v Manny of mma, but I expect a much more exciting fight

Back