Why is Josh Barnett favored over Andrei Arlovski?

I've heard rumors that the ufc's new owners are going to make Barnett wear shirts like the female fighters during his fights.

I think Josh will win this one. Andrei has really just turned into a boxer with a overhand right.

I favor AA, but I wouldn't bet on heavyweight fight anyways, they are way too volatile and unpredictable.

If Arlovski si the favorite, i will be dropping a few $$ on him

Arlovskis last UFC run:
- Split over Schaub (controversial)
- KO'd Bigfoot (PED free)
- KO'd Travis (almost got KO'd himself)
- Lackluster win over Mir
- KO'd by Stipe and Overeem

better than barnett's performances.

Barnett has a more reliable chin but he's inactive and I'll guess that he's more affected by USADA than AA.

I will never understand why Arlovski has gotten a rep for a glass chin. The guy has been knocked out by Fedor, Rogers, Overeem, Kharitonov and Rizzo. You know many fighters who eat shots from those guys without going to sleep?

Actually thats not true. I do understand. its because people are dumb.

Getting KO'd 5 times is more than enough to suspect that your chin is bad.
If his chin is not glass, then his striking defense is shit. And that's even worse.

As for the actual matchup, I favor Barnett on this one. Josh isn't as good as he used to be, but I don't really see Arlovski winning. Momentum is against him, and even though stylistically on paper he has the advantage, I'm not liking how sloppy he's looked in his last two fights.

Barnett is way more durable and has the better overall skills , I'd really love to see Hunt fight AA soon. I love these old school vet vs vet match ups but that's pretty much what half the HW roster is.

Josh Barnett wins if he uses his deadly clinch and takes him down or lands punches on his head against the cage. If he can't do that, Arlovski knocks him out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back