Why is Jon Jones getting a pass while Anderson Silva doesn't?

[QUOTE="Milord Sir Mangrinder, post: 148596651, member: 359285"]lol both jones and anderson have been torn to shit on the boards.

anderson is just irrelevant now so no one cares.

but that being said, both fighters are cheating pieces of shit.

TS might be referring to the real world.[/QUOTE]
oh yeah, lol.

but still, how many years has jones sat out now. he has faced a fair bit. and was really only given a pass so ufc could save that card. although he will be above testing now. he could submit horse piss and still be allowed to fight.

i still hate the fact he was allowed to fight and wasnt given the maximum ban. but you know he sucking some ones toes behind the scene.

Because Silva's numerous losses make it easier to disregard him for his steroid use. Jones is still "undefeated" and people don't want to discard his resume so easily because they're desperate to believe that he is the GOAT.

Maybe because Jones keeps winning While Silva's only "win" was a decision he should have lost against Brunson.

It's an unfortunate reality but as long as Jones keeps winning, he gets special treatment

Jon Jones still has PEDs issues, and up to this point this guy hasn't changed.
And yet majority of you still think he is the GOAT.

While the same people are saying Anderson Silva cannot be the GOAT because of PEDs issues?

Because Jones pulsed and Silva didn’t.

Both have been caught with hot piss, so neither of them can be goat. Simple as that. Only their hardcore fans try to defend the cheaters like "everybody is on peds" or something.

Offtopic:
This discussion about goat is so unnecessary ...I think 25 years is not the longest time to determine something like that!

While the same people are saying Anderson Silva cannot be the GOAT because of PEDs issues?

Because Anderson Silva doesn't run people over in cars.

Both of them are cheating garbage IMO and out of the GOAT conversation

Anderson doesn't stack up even with his PEDs anyway. Jones would probably be GOAT if he wasn't a PED cheat, IMO anyway.

source.gif

You been living under a rock? lol JBJ does not. He is very hated

I would say is the opposite. Silva wasn't criticized enough IMO. Silva case was more like a heart broken case for many fans and Jon Jones case was a reason to hate more, yeah double standards but that's how life works

I think the tide has finally turned and the majority know jones to be a cheater and paper champ because of steroid abuse. There are a few diehard fans though who still maintain he's goat. They're trolling though and know deep down he's a fraud.
Silva goat status is gone though my recollection is he only got popped once. He should have come out and said it was to help with his broken leg. Would have helped with his legacy and was understandable.

Both cheating POS. Should both be banned for life.

They're both PED cheats are who are out of the GOAT list to me

<seedat>

Good ol pulsing. Jones got a shiney new “get out of jail” free card that can be played over and over.

<seedat>

Jones doesn’t pop anymore, he pulses

Silva fans give Silva a pass and always have. Jon Jones fans gives Jones a pass. Don't pretend you know what a majority here thinks. Put up a poll or stop your crying.

It's not relevant with AS because AS lost to Weidman and Bisping. In hindsight really looks like his dominance was largely based on size and no one being able to stand with him. AS was already dethroned when the PED bust happened. With Jones if you take away the supposed PED bust there's really no case to be made against him, so that's what haters during the endless GOAT discussions will focus on, cause there's no other options. If AS were to get a pass on PED's doesn't wash away the Weidman fights.

I think a lot of the AS people quietly left the discussion when Jones ragdolled Sonnen. Not saying there's not people who think he's the GOAT but they pale compared to those who think Jones, GSP and Fedor. Certainly it's nothing compared to like 2011 or 2012 when I feel most people thought of AS as the greatest.

Back