Why is it surprising that JDS gassed on the 1st round?

rlm81

Black Belt
Reaction score
After eating this overhand right the surprising thing was that he got back to his feet, not that he became a zombie after he did it.

ib1Y5ERad6ZHxs.gif

It's not surprising. JDS just can't deal with Cain, when you're severely outmatched and outclassed like that you'll get tired soon.

Im more puzzled why he didnt keep is hands up the whole fight, elementary boxing...

If you watch the fight carefully, JDS already started to gas before that overhand right...

Cain outclassed him, and he couldnt do anything to use ahis boxing.

Because he was in semi zombie mode even before then...

Seriously, I was not one of those guys who thought JDS would go in there and smash Cain a second time and saw it more like a 50/50 fight just like the first time; but what type of clown are you if you fail to recognize that JDS wasn't firing on all cylinders? Have you even watched any of his other fights?

I'm kinda surprised Cain was faster than JDS. JDS always seemed pretty quick for a HW. The threat of TDs killed him. It was kinda like Anderson/Sonnen 1st round, except Anderson won. :)

After eating this overhand right the surprising thing was that he got back to his feet, not that he became a zombie after he did it.

ib1Y5ERad6ZHxs.gif

JDS looked tired after their first scramble 40-50 seconds into the fight.After he got up,he looked gassed.The punch you're showing happened later in the round where JDS seemed to tired to even defend himself...

Heavy weights suck

NO THEY DON'T SUCK. RESPECT THE FIGHTERS. HOW ABOUT YOU GO IN THERE AND FIGHT.

Heavy weight nowadays just lack a character...I miss the Fedor, Big Nog and Corcop rivalry...

Seriously, I was not one of those guys who thought JDS would go in there and smash Cain a second time and saw it more like a 50/50 fight just like the first time; but what type of clown are you if you fail to recognize that JDS wasn't firing on all cylinders? Have you even watched any of his other fights?

This. It was strange. I was massively disappointed with JDS cardio. He never gassed like that before. Sure Cain put a relentless pace on him. But he gassed after just one or two minutes. I don

He couldn't keep up with the pace. So many excuses being thrown around already.

If anyone here ever practiced boxing or any sort of striking, it would be obvious that all the conditioning and game planing goes to crap when you are constantly getting hit.

If you watch the fight carefully, JDS already started to gas before that overhand right...

This. He slowed way down for pretty much no reason that I could see. He stopped a few takedowns easily and barely threw any punches and still tired out.

JDS packed on too much muscle, maybe?

But JDS was also gassed hard in Nelson fight.

I was surprised in what happened before he was a walking zombie. He sat back unaggressive. Horrible game plan..

Not this.

He wasn't firing on all cylinders because Cain was pushing like a demon from the first second.

Back