Why is everyone whining about Chael getting a title shot...

fightiq

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Have I missed something? As far as I know, no one except Shertards have said anything about Chael getting a title shot if he beats Vitor. Has this been announced somewhere, and I missed it? Soooo...if Dana and Co haven't announced it, and the fight isn't even at middleweight...Why is everyone so sure this is the case, and screaming murder?

From what I understand the UFC hasn't officially announced it

Chael has claimed this to be a #1 contender match and apparently so have a few other MMA personalities. Doesn't seem too outlandish for the UFC

the ultimate pseudo-shertard (Chael himself) announced it yesterday. that is where it came from.

that makes it a rumor. but actual shertards cannot differentiate between rumor, fact, fiction, myth, etc. they hear and then react. like children. waddyagonnado.

He deserves it for committing to do that show and then having to deal with a drunk who never wanted to fight (except during filming) and then literally ran away.

UFC rewards loyalty

I read a post by someone who claimed that it was announced by Dana White on UFC Tonight. Unfortunately they don't show it in NZ so I can't confirm whether or not they actually announced it.

Because he doesn't deserve one even if he wins?

First... Chael came out on UFC tonight last night and announced that silva refused to take a drug test and ran out of his gym away from the committee. So yes it is an official fight.

It makes no sense that if chael wins he gets a title shot . UFC rankings were established because it gives not only the company but fans and others to see what position fighters are at in their division . Chael hasn't fought at middleweight in a while and not only That the fight is at 205 . Dana likes what he does for the company and is throwing him In their. Who knows how vitor will perform without TRT , and who knows who the next real cut contender is because UFC rankings are shit an mean nothing

First... Chael came out on UFC tonight last night and announced that silva refused to take a drug test and ran out of his gym away from the committee. So yes it is an official fight.

It makes no sense that if chael wins he gets a title shot . UFC rankings were established because it gives not only the company but fans and others to see what position fighters are at in their division . Chael hasn't fought at middleweight in a while and not only That the fight is at 205 . Dana likes what he does for the company and is throwing him In their. Who knows how vitor will perform without TRT , and who knows who the next real cut contender is because UFC rankings are shit an mean nothing

Yeah it's bullshit. For Chael to get a shot over Jacare or anyone else at Middleweight would be an absolute disgrace. Yoel Romero deserves a title shot more than Chael.

Vitor is the #1 contender if he can get licensed. Dana confirmed this in April. Fighting Chael gives him a chance, in a big money fight, to prove he can get licensed.

Beating Vitor is the quickest path to a title shot. Chael says he took the fight on that condition. Apparently that was required to rescue the card and a wasted season of TUF.

Chael getting a title shot is anything but a given. I suspect the odds will open with Vitor @ -200 or more. If I had to bet, I'd pick Vitor, but I think both would make interesting matchups for Weidman, assuming he gets through Machida.

Letting Chael anywhere near title contention at this point means shitting all over the other fighters and moving even closer to WWE style match making. I'm honestly curious how Dana will justify this one.

Back