Why is everyone so harsh on Brendan Schaub's MMA career?

He's no prime Fedor or JDS but has some solid wins against Lavar Johnson, Gonzaga and Mitrione. Even beat Cro Cop (even though he was at his career low back then) overall 6-5 in UFC yet people are acting as if he's just as bad as Wes Sims. I think with some right adjustments he could have had more success. Thoughts?
The best adjustment is his retiring adjustment. It's his whole fake friendly vibe. He's starting to turn on Callen slowly because he's more popular. He doesn't have to kiss Callen's ass since he's got all he can get out of him. I just don't like phony people. He's made social climbing/social maneuvering into an art form.

Maybe I’m biased because he’s such an asshole
But I still think he sucked

Jealous, Sherdoggers?

"Brendan Schaub is an American mixed martial artist and former professional football player who retired from MMA in 2015, but has still had success in pursuits following retirement. As of 2019, Brendan Schaub's net worth is estimated to be $3 million."
Net Worth: $3 Million
https://wealthygorilla.com › brendan-schaub-net-worth

Why would anyone support such a hack poser!?

Jealous, Sherdoggers?

"Brendan Schaub is an American mixed martial artist and former professional football player who retired from MMA in 2015, but has still had success in pursuits following retirement. As of 2019, Brendan Schaub's net worth is estimated to be $3 million."
Net Worth: $3 Million
https://wealthygorilla.com › brendan-schaub-net-worth

So he's worth 1/2 of Chase Daniel's annual salary? Is that what I'm hearing?

He never had any really notable wins. His looked bad vs old, damaged CroCop, and had to LnP Lavar.

Was annoying and a nu-breeder too.

I don't think there was any shame LNPing Lavar, the guy had starched everyone who ever stood with him up to that point.

Let the man sling his dick in peace

Its too bad he never made it to a UFC game.
I would make endless videos of bouncing his head off the canvas.
And tag him on IG and Twitter with the video.

Hes just a dbag and that BJJ match he had won him no fans

This is why I don’t really dig on him. His crappy line of bullshite regarding his “Draw” with Cyborg. The “I shut him down” thing really pissed me off.

I can’t stand Ryron Gracie either, but at least there was physical contact in that match. Schaub’s match against Cyborg really hurt the brand of Metamoris which only makes me despise him in MMA.

You don’t have to be a champ, you just need to take real risks. Brendan is too measured for my tastes.

Because he gives himself more credit than he deserves, that’s why..

He did probably about as well as he could have done, given where he started late in life.

He was roughly an average HW (by UFC standards). No more, no less.

He was however, a top BJJ player, shutting down Cyborg and neutralizing his game for twenty minutes.

I don't think there was any shame LNPing Lavar, the guy had starched everyone who ever stood with him up to that point.

I know, it was probably smart, but the point is he doesn't have any good top wins, plus for a supposedly good BJJ guy he looked pretty worthless on top of Lavar.

I hated that "jiu jitsu match" against Cyborg. He was such a punk about it and if you hear the interview after it pretty much sums up everything we know about Schaub.

I know, it was probably smart, but the point is he doesn't have any good top wins, plus for a supposedly good BJJ guy he looked pretty worthless on top of Lavar.

I'll agree on that.

that was the best moment of Schaub's career. Getting KOd by Zombie Nog in Nog's first MMA fight ever in Brazil

was anyone on the planet pulling for Schaub in that fight?

his family was probably cheering for Big Nog

nog-celebrates-sylvia.gif
No one was pulling for Schaub, but if it was a time for Schaub to beat Noguiera it was at that time, Noguiera was coming off a injury and Schaub all tho a shitty fighter has the power.

he was disliked as an active fighter because of his attitude toward guys like cro cop and big nog

he is disliked now because he acts like the travis browne fight was a main event title eliminator and that he planned to retire after the loss so he could become a comedian. in reality he and browne were both coming off losses, and brendan was insisting that he was going to cut down to 205 after losing

He never had any really notable wins. His looked bad vs old, damaged CroCop, and had to LnP Lavar.

Was annoying and a nu-breeder too.
Yeah people forget that old crocop beat the shit out of him then got caught with a fluke punch behind the ear. Props to him for sticking in there though. His mma career wasn’t bad. Can’t stand him though

He's no prime Fedor or JDS but has some solid wins against Lavar Johnson, Gonzaga and Mitrione. Even beat Cro Cop (even though he was at his career low back then) overall 6-5 in UFC yet people are acting as if he's just as bad as Wes Sims. I think with some right adjustments he could have had more success. Thoughts?
He isn’t the best at anything he does and he isn’t the worst, he’s like the majority of people in that he is somewhere in the middle. Yet despite this he is a multi-millionaire which likely annoys people. In his defence though he does take risks and do things the majority of the public doesn’t have the balls to do- fight in a cage and stand up comedy.

Back