• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is everyone acting so upset that Cirkunov is likely leaving the UFC?

Based on what? What exactly in his skill set make you believe that? Do you only think it must be true because he is 4-0, or do you actually pay attention when you watch him fighting?
Latifi's best win is Villante, a guy who has decent offensive striking, and shit defense. And he couldn't even finish him for god's sake.

Cirkunov would beat him based on the fact that he doesn't only rely on power shots on the feet, and also has good grappling, certainly good enough to keep it on the feet, where he would pick Ilir apart. The only thing Latifi has going for him is his power and his wrestling, which he barely uses.

Blachowicz isn't much better either, he's shit off of his back and has a bad gas tank too, at least that's what it looked like in his fight against Corey. He looked like an amateur in there, and his only two wins are over the afromentioned sloppy Latifi and Igor Pokrajac, a guy who's last UFC win was in 2012 and only got re-signed because he crushed some cans in Europe.

Say what you will about Cirkunov, but he has a higher ceiling than Blachowicz and Latifi combined, not because he's 4-0, but because he doesn't rely on one thing to win fights. What good is fighting better competition when all you do is get beat by them and only manage to get wins against bad/semi-decent competition?

Win over Krylov > Win over Villante, O'Connell, Latifi or Pokrajac.

There's no difference to be learned, that's just your opinion. I can ask you to name me someone you consider a legit prospect and discredit him or her just the same. Let's see who is a prospect in the UFC in your eyes?
Platinum Mike Perry imo.

His betting lines were like 1.12 against Nicholson. He was a huge favorite.
I'm not sure I've seen such odds since Jon Jones early days in the UFC.

Sure, but that was Alex Nicholson in his UFC debut, who is very inexperienced and who just lost to Sam Alvey at lower weightclass. Meanwhile Latifi and Blachowicz are fighting against Manuwa, Bader, Gustafsson.. Yeah they lost, but at least Latifi beat Villante.

Im not saying Cirkunov wouldnt be the favorite over Latifi and Blachowicz, he might be, but I believe they are around the same level. And I dont see him improving in the future anymore than they will.

Cirkunov`s strength is his BJJ, but its very difficult to get into good enough positions to lock subs against the elites of the division who all have so much better wrestling. I hope he stays, so I can see if I was right, but I predict he never challenges for the belt, or become even top5.

Win over Krylov > Win over Villante, O'Connell, Latifi or Pokrajac.

No reason to believe that is true. Both Krylov and Cirkunov have only fought total cans. Ok, Krylov fought OSP, and got subbed in less than 2 min. They both have only beaten cans.

A young fighter who's won 8 in a row by finish against opposition of increasing difficulty, in a division with 0 prospects is leaving, and you're wondering why people are upset?

There are only 2 options here.

1. You are just an illogical person
2. You chose pretend that you don't understand because you knew it was a good way to get a thread with a large number of replies

Or a hardcore fan who can see when a fighter becomes overhyped. These people who think just because he is 4-0 in the UFC means he is legit future contender are the casual or ignorant ones.

Take your baby opinion somewhere else newb, you're not fooling anyone. You probably don't know any fighter who wasn't on the last 3 seasons of TUF.

No reason to believe that is true. Both Krylov and Cirkunov have only fought total cans. Ok, Krylov fought OSP, and got subbed in less than 2 min. They both have only beaten cans.
Which is exactly what Villante, Pokrajac and Latifi are, cans. I'll say it again, Latifi only has haymakers, and Blachowicz only has striking. Cirkunov on the other hand has striking and grappling.

If you get completely outclassed by Corey Anderson, you aren't some amazing prospect.

The nobody who got trashed by a male model is a better prospect than Cirkunov? You blind?

It was a joke... Not a very good one, but a joke nonetheless.

Which is exactly what Villante, Pokrajac and Latifi are, cans. I'll say it again, Latifi only has haymakers, and Blachowicz only has striking. Cirkunov on the other hand has striking and grappling.

If you get completely outclassed by Corey Anderson, you aren't some amazing prospect.

It was a joke... Not a very good one, but a joke nonetheless.

I thought you mentioned him because you knew I was a member of the platinum nation.

But you should know I make rape jokes about my mom to her face. There's not a fighter under the sun I'm not going to shit on.

hope rumble ko's cormier and retires him. jones vs rumble then axe the division

Why bother with Cirkunov in a division u have Shogun? U guys amuse me...

Reading comprehension.. I never said or implied they are amazing prospects, just like Cirkunov is not. I said I believe they are about the same level.

And Villante is a better win than any of Cirkunov`s win. At least Villante was competitive vs OSP, unlike Krylov. Krylov was also so overrated until his last fight its not even funny. Its like you guys have no clue what you are watching.

Reading comprehension.. I never said or implied they are amazing prospects, just like Cirkunov is not. I said I believe they are about the same level.

And Villante is a better win than any of Cirkunov`s win. At least Villante was competitive vs OSP, unlike Krylov. Krylov was also so overrated until his last fight its not even funny. Its like you guys have no clue what you are watching.
They bother with Cirkunov where they have Shogun and Jones to watch... Let the guy be on another promotion, he will probably comeback to the UFC anyways...

Yes, Cirkunov is not the best fighter the UFC has not signed or released. Benson probably is. Cirkunov is just another example of the UFC not being interested in showcasing the best.

How do you think NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc. would react if those leagues suddenly would start to let solid players go to other leagues? The only thing that defines the major league is that it goes for the top players and therefore pays more. Anyone can start a basketball league and compete with the NBA for top players. That makes it a major league.

The UFC wants to be the majors, but does not act like one. And the reason it does not have to (paying top dollar, that is) is because it is a monopoly. And the American legal system, which is tilted 100% in favor of the employer and 100% against the employee, facilitate this. I do not think that Conor's contract with the UFC stands up in the EU, where individuals at least have some rights. The Conor-Mayweather fight should take place in Europe, outside of the UFC's reach. Except I don't think many people in Europe know who they are.

And I'm telling you why Cirkunov is above them, not because of his wins, but because of the skills he displays. He knows how to set up his strikes, unlike Latifi and he knows how to grapple, unlike Blachowicz.

Of course people are sad to see that a well rounded finisher, who's 4-0 in the UFC and is fighting in a weight class that has no real upcoming talent, is probably gone.

Why bother with Cirkunov in a division u have Shogun? U guys amuse me...
Insta-ban imo.

not everyone. just ravenous dana haters

Because fans are sick of the UFC pushing away fighter after fighter after fighter due to their insanely greedy policy when making or renegging contracts.

Back