• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why I think WMMA is trash

Connie blew her knee out and then proceeded to EASILY out wrestle and dominate Maxine on the ground. She was light years ahead of Maxine in the grappling department. She wrestle fucked Maxine for three rounds without gassing.

You mean she did all that with only one knee, and no skill??
LEL. Only in WMMA

Last edited:
I loved watching W. Silva in Pride because of all his skill and technique.

Would rather watch plenty of female fights over some of the UFC male main events.

Lookin' at you T-Snooze vs WonderWhy.

Agreed. However, it is obvious that there's a huge difference between skill level in WMMA and MMA. WMMA fans argue that the skill gap will be narrowed as WMMA grows. I tend to agree with this, but I think there is a limit to how much that shrinks. Men are significantly better athletes than women. I think we all know this.

WMMA has achieved its own notoriety in some ways, with the major example being the Rousey phenomenon, but to a lesser extent Gina Carano, Tate, and others. But in general, outside of putting WMMA cards on mostly male cards, I don't think WMMA would be very big at all. I think all WMMA cards or promotions generally wouldn't sell nearly as well.

I've grown to like WMMA, but some of the key criticisms aimed at it seem obviously true to me.

Obviously, this "huge athletic gap" isn't affecting the quality of the fights much, since women are getting a lopsided percentage of the bonuses. On FOX 22, for instance, Aldana - Smith got FOTN and Waterson got POTN.

The athletic gap is MORE than compensated for by other physical attributes women have and men lack.

I'm talking about flexibility, you perverts.

Obviously, this "huge athletic gap" isn't affecting the quality of the fights much, since women are getting a lopsided percentage of the bonuses. On FOX 22, for instance, Aldana - Smith got FOTN and Waterson got POTN.

The athletic gap is MORE than compensated for by other physical attributes women have and men lack.

I'm talking about flexibility, you perverts.

There have certainly been some very entertaining female fights. If you think I'm anti-WMMA, you're wrong. But I think bonuses is a poor way to track the quality of fights. The people giving those bonuses are pushing hard for WMMA to become widely accepted. I don't see how it can be contested that outside of the top few female fighters, WMMA in general is far more amateurish than men's MMA.

There have certainly been some very entertaining female fights. If you think I'm anti-WMMA, you're wrong. But I think bonuses is a poor way to track the quality of fights. The people giving those bonuses are pushing hard for WMMA to become widely accepted. I don't see how it can be contested that outside of the top few female fighters, WMMA in general is far more amateurish than men's MMA.

Oh, it's a smaller pool of talent and always will be, but I do believe the quality will keep improving rapidly. To the point where every fighter in the top 10 of every WMMA division will be a very good fighter.

Skill gap is still too far apart to keep crammin women fights on EVERY main card, Im tired of saavy fucking vets of the sport taking a back seat for the viewers to watch girls with 2-3 records instead

Oh, it's a smaller pool of talent and always will be, but I do believe the quality will keep improving rapidly. To the point where every fighter in the top 10 of every WMMA division will be a very good fighter.

Maybe. I think there is limit to how good athletes can get, and that limit is obviously much higher for men than it is for women.

I'm not sure VanZant would never lose in another MMA company... Holm and Ronda probably yes unless Budd could beat Holm.

She could but Holly could also kick her head off. Budd is going to go forward which Holly does really well w/ fighters like that.

Germaine and Shev both held their ground and made Holly move towards her.

Haven't had a stupid thread whining about this in days. Guess we were about due.

doubledragon.gif

tumblr_ocmsv4Pyvh1upwz95o1_400.gif

For me it's like women tennis, sure the male are more powerful and are faster but the girls are very fun to watch too. There's more exchanges and more breakpoints because they usually don't have a super fast first service.

Girl MMA show less wrestling and when it comes to the ground, because their lighter there are less lay and pray and more reverses

Plus. like in tennis, once in a while you have super good looking girls in shorts and tank tops

The talent pool in WMMA has been exceptionally shallow...it's getting better.

What they fight like in their debut is what they fight like in their retirement fight.

Angela Hill has improved a lot since her debut. She was very weak in respect to surviving grappling/jiu jitsu when she began, but when she won the Invicta FC championship by defeating Livia Renata Souza, she had to do well on the ground against a fierce champion and BJJ blackbelt.

Hill had moved to Alliance MMA and benefited a lot from the coaching there.

Last edited:
Back