Why I refuse to criticize MMA judges and their scoring.

big franklin

franklin
@Green
Reaction score
I am sick........

Sick of the disrespect. Sick of the abuse. Sick of seeing MMA fans whining about decision scores.

It's almost every fight now and it's the same thing: charlatans telling fully qualified judges how to do their job. I refuse to stoop to their level. Here's why.

Let me start off by saying that I am professional. As a professional, I respect other professionals. I respect what it means to be a professional. And as a professional who respects other professionals' professions, I wouldn't dare tell another professional how to do their profession. The profession of MMA judging is no exception. Who are you to tell an MMA judge how to do their job? How many of you even know the scoring criteria for unified rules of MMA? How many of you have practiced MMA judging? I have self awareness. I accept the fact that I am ignorant to the entire ruleset.

I pride myself as being a man of high quality, high taste. (In fact, that's why I refuse to eat at McDonald's. I'd much rather get me a bucket of juicy, finger lickin' chicken from KFC. Yum.) And many of you on these forums probably noticed that I am vocal critic of fighter crying about losing close bouts. I have no sympathy for fighters who lose close decisions. There's a degree of subjectivity when it comes to judging fights, so it's the fighter's responsibility to ensure there is no uncertainty in their victory. Get the finish or be dominant. Simple, quick, accessible.

For the sake of improving MMA culture, I think we need to stop telling judges how to score fights.

sh.png

Last edited:
just finish every fight or dominate, it´s simple and accesible. And eat KFC

Like Dana says, never leave it in the hands of the judges. Whatever the outcome, fighters have nobody to blame but themselves.

TS bends over at the slightest whiff in the breeze of authority.

Probably was a tattle tale rat hall monitor snitch in school,who had no sympathy for those who "broke the rules"

Probably a big tekashi fan.

Like Dana says, never leave it in the hands of the judges. Whatever the outcome, fighters have nobody to blame but themselves.
No they dont,thats fuckin stupid.

And so is Dana.

It isnt always possible to finish someone,however hard you try. So easy for armchair contact fighters to say this,but it has NO meaning.

Imagine telling Diego Sanchez in his bout with Gilbert "hurr durr u shouldnt have left it in the hand of the judges hurr durr" :: droool ::

Criticism is necessary to maintain accountability and improve judging as a whole.

How much of it is constructive and how much of it is mob mentality? Do the fans even know what they're talking about?

I am sick........

Sick of the disrespect. Sick of the abuse. Sick of seeing MMA fans whining about decision scores.

It's almost every fight now and it's the same thing: charlatans telling fully qualified judges how to do their job. I refuse to stoop to their level. Here's why.

Let me start off by saying that I am professional. As a professional, I respect other professionals. I respect what it means to be a professional. And as a professional who respects other professionals' professions, I wouldn't dare tell another professional how to do their profession. The profession of MMA judging is no exception. Who are you to tell an MMA judge how to do their job? How many of you even know the scoring criteria for unified rules of MMA? How many of you have practiced MMA judging? I have self awareness. I accept the fact that I am ignorant to the entire ruleset.

I pride myself as being a man of high quality, high taste. (In fact, that's why I refuse to eat at McDonald's. I'd much rather get me a bucket of juicy, finger lickin' chicken from KFC. Yum.) And many of you on these forums probably noticed that I am vocal critic of fighter crying about losing close bouts. I have no sympathy for fighters who lose close decisions. There's a degree of subjectivity when it comes to judging fights, so it's the fighter's responsibility to ensure there is no uncertainty in their victory. Get the finish or be dominant. Simple, quick, accessible.

For the sake of improving MMA culture, I think we need to stop telling judges how to score fights.

View attachment 1015313
Just because they are a judge it doesn't make them a professional

I am sick........

View attachment 1015313

Sherdog staff and posters combined are the greatest authority of MMA knowledge on the planet.

You should be lucky to witness our greatness. YOU are the charlatan boi.

Back