Why has WWE not given John Morrison a world title reign?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't understand. He's a way more athletic and overall better in-ring performer than the Miz. He's showed over and over again that he can play a good heel and face. I'm talking about the two main world titles in WWE, not the ECW championship.

Guy is the full package

Last edited:
That question shows how fans thinking has changed over the decades
Back in my day, back when this was all fruit orchards as far as the eye can see, no one ever asked why a promotion didnt give someone a belt, we just got mad that the bad guys kept cheating the good guys out of title wins
We werent mad at the AWA, we hated Nick Bockwinkel and Bobby Heenan
We werent mad at Crockett Promotions, we hated Nikita Koloff
Strange times we're living in

That question shows how fans thinking has changed over the decades
Back in my day, back when this was all fruit orchards as far as the eye can see, no one ever asked why a promotion didnt give someone a belt, we just got mad that the bad guys kept cheating the good guys out of title wins
We werent mad at the AWA, we hated Nick Bockwinkel and Bobby Heenan
We werent mad at Crockett Promotions, we hated Nikita Koloff
Strange times we're living in
its this damn information super highway that did it.

I don't understand. He's a way more athletic and overall better in-ring performer than the Miz. He's showed over and over again that he can play a good heel and face. Btw I don't consider the ECW championship a real world title, whilst it was a part of WWE.

Guy is the full package
how many john morrison t-shirts and action figures do u own?
if the answer is 0 then u have your answer.

Last edited:
Morrison is fucking awesome in the ring. Maybe his promo skills need to be tuned up or maybe it's the garbage they tell him to read. Yes he outshines the Miz and it is a shame he hadn't had that kind of spotlight yet.

Isn't John Morrison long gone from the WWE? Isn't he in Lucha Underground or something?

Isn't John Morrison long gone from the WWE? Isn't he in Lucha Underground or something?
Johnny Mundo? Nah, he's back in the WWE being the Miz sidekick...

Eh, hes always been boring to me. Cool moves, boring character that wasn't appealing.

Theirs all time greats that never got a run with the belt, and Morrison isnt close to some of those guys.

Eh, hes always been boring to me. Cool moves, boring character that wasn't appealing.

Theirs all time greats that never got a run with the belt, and Morrison isnt close to some of those guys.

He's a good B plus player

<PlusJuan>

Too many B plus folks have gotten world title runs because "they deserve it."

Vince McMahon learned that Johnny didn't do anything when Batista had sex with his girlfriend, and that's why Vince disrespects him.

I think the question you should be asking is, does he connect with the crowd?

Both Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are top in ring workers however in their peak they were able to connect with the WWE crowd hence why they both had world title runs in spite of some people thinking they were "too small" to be world champion material.

Morrison connected when he was in WWE's ECW, Lucha Underground and TNA but on the main WWE roster he was seen as a midcarder.

He's the spot monkey god. He's undeniably athletic, entertaining, and talented. Has the charisma of a potato, though. He's the white Shelton Benjamin.

Shame that "Lucha Underground" never really took off, because he was perfect for that brand.

Shit finisher and although a cool character, he couldn't really connect on a personal level.

Some wrestlers have great gimmicks, but they get swallowed up by it and it cannot be looked past, so what can be done with them is limited.

He was good and confident outside of the WWE, he often carried himself like a star and it showed simply with his walkout. Now that hes back hes reverted back to fun guy that does some cool stuff and not much else. Hes been very forgettable now after making quite a splash and resurrecting his career.

Back