Why has no one correlated the riots with lockdowns?

MaxMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
None of the "racial injustices" committed during covid-19 lockdowns have been any worse than anything that happened pre covid. So why are the riots... errr protests still happening 24/7?

Well, maybe, just maybe, most people are taking to the streets because they are bored out of their damn minds? When people are sitting around bored they usually find shit to occupy their time.

Pre covid there were basically endless options to kill time if you lived in a major metropolitan area. Now these same places generally have the strictest lockdown guidelines. I don't live in a major city, but considering everything that has been going on the last 7-8 months. If I did, I would at a minimum be checking out the riots... ehhh protests in person.

I get bored easily, and I hate idle time. Luckily I live in an area that doesn't take covid too seriously and many of the things I do to occupy my time are outdoors in nature. So this isn't a real issue for me personally.

I just keep thinking about average normal people that live in cities that have been sitting inside for months. Why wouldn't you go out into the streets and at least check out the people doing dumb shit?

If you have lax morals, why wouldn't you join in on getting some of those free goods? You aren't working, and even if you were you can't spend your hard earned money on anything enjoyable.

Why is no one talking about this correlation? No one actually cares about floyd or any of those other people that have been killed justly or unjustly. I'd wager that a good 95-99% of the "protestors" are just bored or pissed at all the bullshit.

TLDR: People are bored and intuitively know the response to covid is beyond exaggerated. The riots... err protests
are more or less a social event that people will gather at out of lack of other options and no one seems to think these are correlated even though this is the only time in our countries history we've had nation wide rioting for 90+ days.

Last edited:
American society offers nothing but materialism and superficial gratification at the end of a tweet. It's one reason people grasp so tightly to the idea of revolution and change so they can feel like they are making an impact beyond their own limited circle. It makes them feel a part of something. If you have a voice than maybe you are that special bright little star you simply know you must be.

All of the ennui generates a deep seething anger. Everyone feels like things should be SO much better now. Given our technology how can things still seem so static. We should be well into that brave new world where everyone has enough of everything to be happy and spend their time indulging in their artistic hobbies for goodness sakes. People are so disconnected in this age of technology. You can text people across the planet but can't have a face to face conversation with the family member in the next room. Every injustice is a personal attack that must be crushed because you're a good person and must prove that to everyone around you.

Ideological activism gives people a self-image cloaked in substance when they feel powerless, adrift and small.

American society offers nothing but materialism and superficial gratification at the end of a tweet. It's one reason people grasp so tightly to the idea of revolution and change so they can feel like they are making an impact beyond their own limited circle. It makes them feel a part of something. If you have a voice than maybe you are that special bright little star you simply know you must be.

All of the ennui generates a deep seething anger. Everyone feels like things should be SO much better now. Given our technology how can things still seem so static. We should be well into that brave new world where everyone has enough of everything to be happy and spend their time indulging in their artistic hobbies for goodness sakes. People are so disconnected in this age of technology. You can text people across the planet but can't have a face to face conversation with the family member in the next room. Every injustice is a personal attack that must be crushed because you're a good person and must prove that to everyone around you.

Ideological activism gives people a self-image cloaked in substance when they feel powerless, adrift and small.
So too much interwebz?

Honestly I thought there wpukd have been riots all over the world

Like people raping you and then eating you alive type of riots.

Many news outlets have made mention of it, often times as an excuse for the looting and such. Mental health has taken a hit.

Its an election year. The left and media has to stir up the blacks, remind them that they are failures and have no chance in life because Trump has been president for 4 years.

Maybe because the same people enabling/promoting rioting are also the ones telling us that staying home is the only way out of this COVID spider web we're tangled in.

So if lockdowns = riots do you have stats on countries with more lockdowns having more riots? If the riots are in the U.S. only, are no other countries locked down?

So if lockdowns = riots do you have stats on countries with more lockdowns having more riots? If the riots are in the U.S. only, are no other countries locked down?
Bored Muslims in France are cutting off people's heads. Does that count?

TLDR: People are bored and intuitively know the response to covid is beyond exaggerated. The riots... err protests
are more or less a social event that people will gather at out of lack of other options and no one seems to think these are correlated even though this is the only time in our countries history we've had nation wide rioting for 90+ days.
hit the nail right on the head...rather than address the elephant in the room, they'll riot and say "racism" instead of the obvious oppression being placed upon them by the powers that be

Trust me the leftist city leaders have correlated it. They're trying to parlay the riots and looting with a poor covid response from Trump. I guarantee after the election the shit won't fly anymore. Or they'll just let their cities burn as penance for not electing Joe Biden.

I have seen it discussed before. While I think it certainly has had an effect, I think it is minimal compared to people just wanting to riot and get free shit. I am sure it is fun, though I can’t say from experience.

But I think the proof that it is not just the lockdown is numerous riots and protests going back to 2013 or so. Obviously we have historical riots as well, but it has become an absolute joke what they riot over now. Guy shoots at officers and gets shot and the animals are on the streets breaking shit.

Back