Why don't we see more soccer kicks to the legs?

just go for the mount

Have you ever seen that happen with North American rules? I haven't ever seen a person get mount from standing in front of a guy on the ground directly to mount. Or do you mean go to the ground and try to get to mount. I've never seen someone jump into mount.

Have you ever seen that happen with North American rules? I haven't ever seen a person get mount from standing in front of a guy on the ground directly to mount. Or do you mean go to the ground and try to get to mount. I've never seen someone jump into mount.

yes, go to the ground and try to get the mount, my bad

wanderlei had the time of this life kickin away at henderson on his back

is it legal to foot stomp to the legs of a downed opponent? like with the intention of breaking knees ala Jones' and his supposedly cheap kicks?

Watch the upcoming World Cup.
Lot of guys will use soccer kicks to their opponent's legs.

is it legal to foot stomp to the legs of a downed opponent? like with the intention of breaking knees ala Jones' and his supposedly cheap kicks?

It's illegal to stomp a grounded opponent. The best you can try is to axe kick your opponent's knees when he's down.

Because there is only one Sakuraba!

soccer kicks to the leg were used in pride because they would set up stomps or kicks to the head. if you dont threaten with those, they can protect their legs pretty well. plus youre in a position where they can upkick you in the face, but you cant kick their head. not even getting into getting your foot caught

also from a referee point of view, there has been times in PRIDE when guys were not doing any damage with those kicks, but the other guy couldnt get up or risk being stomped. so the clock just ran down with one guy staring down at the other, it happened a lot in wand vs hendo 1 if you need an example

its just a stalemate position unless you have kicks/stomps and even then its a crapshoot

When was the last time someone really caused any damage with it?

I've had it done to me, only a few shots and he wasn't a pro but didn't really do much at all.

yes, go to the ground and try to get the mount, my bad

lol, no problem I was just trying to imagine what you were saying and it seemed really funny, though Shogun almost jumped to mount but he was trying to stomp Arona's head and missed.

No, like Sakuraba vs Belfort or Wanderlei vs Henderson 1.

They banned them because of all of the fights that ended because of them.

Kicking a limp leg doesn't have quite the effect. The most effective leg kicks are the ones that land while weight is being put on it. If it is able to move, a lot of the impact will be lost.

Back