Kingief

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Jones vs Weidman

- both fighters people wanna see them lose
- Weidman is definitely game to fight JJ
- JJ probably won't mind too since he's fighting a smaller guy
- It's a superfight.... so it goes without saying huge paycheck for both fighters
- JJ already cleaned out his devision. Why not?
- WIN WIN WIN WIN for everybody the fans, JJ, Weidman, DW.

It will never happen. Two UFC champs fighting is bad for business, bro.

1. Weidman has a lot of guys to fight in his division (Belfort, Rockhold, Romero/Jacare, Silva/Diaz, Machida2)
2. Jones has at least Gustafsson/Johnson winner as an interesting contender
3. The UFC hasn't been known to do superfights recently (Pettis vs. Aldo, Silva vs. GSP, etc.)

1. People would bitch about Jones fighting a middleweight. [see above]
2. Weidman still has a few contenders.
3. Weidman would need to remain healthy.
4. Who goes up/down?
5. Some heavyweight outside the top 10 would bitch about Jones being scared, sherdog would support that heavyweight as the second coming of Christ.

besides bj vs matt......what super fights have happened?

Jones just got done saying he can make MW; maybe he should put his money where his mouth is.

No....Weidman is a new champ in a revitalized MW division, no need to move up. Jones moving up to HW is more a likely scenario. He's been champ for almost 4 years.....8 title defences and HW needs it more.

Superfight..... lulz.

I only want Weidman to lose if it's against Rockhold. At this point I don't care who beats Jones.

What, the other 10 Weidman vs Jones topics weren't enough?

Because it would mean killing the hype behind one of their top draws. Why have 1 superstar when you can have 2? Also, they run the risk of the fight being pointless because of the inevitable "Well Jones only beat him because it was at 205". Same goes If Weidman beats Jones at 185.

It's a pretty bad idea is what I'm trying to get at here.

Because it would mean killing the hype behind one of their top draws. Why have 1 superstar when you can have 2? Also, they run the risk of the fight being pointless because of the inevitable "Well Jones only beat him because it was at 205". Same goes If Weidman beats Jones at 185.

It's a pretty bad idea is what I'm trying to get at here.

Doubt jones could make 185

Jones vs Weidman

- both fighters people wanna see them lose
- Weidman is definitely game to fight JJ
- JJ probably won't mind too since he's fighting a smaller guy
- It's a superfight.... so it goes without saying huge paycheck for both fighters
- JJ already cleaned out his devision. Why not?
- WIN WIN WIN WIN for everybody the fans, JJ, Weidman, DW.

I don't think that many want to see Weidman lose.
Matter of fact, most are not haters of Weidman.
Maybe skeptical (after his two wins over Silva due to their endings). But after the Machida fight, I think he proved he's real to many!

People might not love him, but I don't think he is hated nearly as much as Jon.

Back