why don't the fines from fighters who pop hot go to their opponents?

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
aren't they they ones that got cheated? why the fuck does the commission get paid when they weren't the ones who got punched in the face?

Because that would be fair, and this is the UFC.

What does the comission do with the money? Serious question. Do they just pay themselves with it?

I believe, at least in Nevada, half of the fine for missing weight goes to the other fighter while the other half goes to the commission. I'm not sure about the fines for testing positive.

Dont tell this to Mark Hunt he'll go banana again

It's actually the Athletic Commissions that dole out the punishments.

It is, but UFC pay the fighters and they knew Lesnar for example was going to piss hot. They could have just given a percentage of his winnings to Hunt as part of the punishment.

Because the commissions reputation is hurt since they're the ones who gave the cheaters a license under the pretense that they would be clean. Having a hurt reputation is just bad for business.

So what if someone gets punched by a roided monster, may have suffered some permanent brain damage as a result and gets no benefit from it. People get punched all the time. My cousin got punched the other day. He may have to wear sunglasses when he talks to females for a couple weeks, but other than that, he's doing just fine.

Because the commissions reputation is hurt since they're the ones who gave the cheaters a license under the pretense that they would be clean. Having a hurt reputation is just bad for business.

So what if someone gets punched by a roided monster, may have suffered some permanent brain damage as a result and gets no benefit from it. People get punched all the time. My cousin got punched the other day. He may have to wear sunglasses when he talks to females for a couple weeks, but other than that, he's doing just fine.
It should have been you.

It is, but UFC pay the fighters and they knew Lesnar for example was going to piss hot. They could have just given a percentage of his winnings to Hunt as part of the punishment.
And not pay a fighter his contracted pay? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen . . .

Back