Why don't MMA refs have whistles to stop the fight?

They step in instead of whistles because of the Toquinho's and the Semtex's in the fighting world.

That's actually a pretty good idea TS. Well done.

there's a clapper and a horn along with the ref, if the goons can’t hear any of that then they probably shouldn’t be in the cage. Unless your deaf like Matt Hamill then you gotta straight up jump in there and separate them lol.

GentleShockedCobra-size_restricted.gif

I can't think of a quality argument for, or against having a whistle.

Because whistles are too much power.

Whether it be the crooked refs of the NFL and NBA, meddlesome yard duties, or the superintendents of Auschwitz...

It’s proven throughout history that having a whistle is too much power to give a man who’s only job is to get in between two men. Trust me, you give them a whistle..they’ll blow it every 30 seconds until they’re satisfied the show is about them.

Cattle prod would be perfect

I'm afraid it would be too easy for someone in the crowd to bring a whistle to an event and fuck everything up. :eek:

I think shock collars would work the best. Stops the fight immediately and ensures the winning fighter can't get off any unnecessary shots or hold a choke too long

Because it's not soccer it's mma...

I'm afraid it would be too easy for someone in the crowd to bring a whistle to an event and fuck everything up. :eek:
Came here to say this. If you think the Woo'ing is bad, just imagine the whistles

<20>

There was a former (backup) goalkeeper for Barcelona who could mimic the ref's whistle pretty good. I think he got suspended once for doing it during a game.

Back