Opinion Why doesnt the US have paid maternity leave?

That's a pretty sick generalization to make man.

The types I mentioned routinely argue against better, cheaper, more accessible health care. Tend to vote for people who are pushing for abortion bans. And tend to rail against immigrants having access to social services. These things cause maternal mortality rates to increase. Forgive me if I dont feel terrible about such a generalization.

See @irish_thug ? Chuds like this guy who is also a Confederate sympathizer
You're such a queen and I'm not a "confederate sympathizer"...I do believe in the preservation of historical statues and figures though as we all should be.

The types I mentioned routinely argue against better, cheaper, more accessible health care. Tend to vote for people who are pushing for abortion bans. And tend to rail against immigrants having access to social services. These things cause maternal mortality rates to increase. Forgive me if I dont feel terrible about such a generalization.
No one is railing against immigrants having access to social services but "Illegal" immigrants taking from tax payers dollars, its funny how you queens can't differentiate that very important difference. And who cares how you feel about one of the many generalizations you make on a daily basis.

Is Betty Joe a common name for "minority women" now? Looks like a generally insensitive comment to me.

Actually yes Betty Joe was quite a common name for black women in the South, why would you think it's not, because the other 2 names he picked were comically racist? Lol

Actually yes Betty Joe was quite a common name for black women in the South, why would you think it's not, because the other 2 names he picked were comically racist? Lol
Laughing...been in the south for 20 years and never met a black women named Betty Joe and I was referring to all races of women who pop out kids just to take more of the tax payers dime.
But of course as a queen you want to find "Racism"..anywhere you can even if its manufactured.

Imaginary land is thinking that all the sudden everyone gets a large amount of paid family leave on the basis of nothing other than charity. I already made my points well before you poo poo'd on the discussion. The cost either comes from taxpayers or gets placed on the consumer. It doesn't just get eaten by business as a charity to people.

If you want to believe that the government doesn't waste tax dollars, then that's your prerogative. If you want to believe that the government wastes tax dollars but they won't waste it in this case, then that's your prerogative as well. Someone could show you a dozen instances of government corruption when it comes to tax spending and you'll explain it away by saying that those tax dollars have nothing to do with maternity leave tax dollars. If that's how your brain works, then I don't know what to tell you. Apply that logic to anything else in life and you'll look like an absolute fool.

You can't quote me ever implying it comes from charity so you're making up dumb stuff yourself to argue against yourself. Don't bring me into that. You just replied to a post where I outlined who the rest of the first world pays for it. Are you concussed?

Yes, you can show me a dozen examples of issues of other government programs that have nothing to do with paid family leave and I explain to you that they have nothing to do with paid family leave captain obvious. There's a dozen states that have mandated paid family leave and you can't find a single example of it being corrupted or wasted so you screeching about this boogey man is pointless.

You can't quote me ever implying it comes from charity so you're making up dumb stuff yourself to argue against yourself. Don't bring me into that. You just replied to a post where I outlined who the rest of the first world pays for it. Are you concussed?

Yes, you can show me a dozen examples of issues of other government programs that have nothing to do with paid family leave and I explain to you that they have nothing to do with paid family leave captain obvious. There's a dozen states that have mandated paid family leave and you can't find a single example of it being corrupted or wasted so you screeching about this boogey man is pointless.

Yeah you said that they are funded by employer, employee and government funds. I said that the employer will pass the costs on to the consumer, the employee has to pay more taxes and the government will waste those taxes.

Paid family leave falls under the tax umbrella and the government wastes our taxes. I'm concussed yet you can't comprehend that simple logic? A toddler could understand that.

If I made the statement that a lot of government union workers are lazy and their laziness steals tax dollars, your response would be that it's not happening unless I can provide you with specific names. Just a shit argument right there.

You either believe the government wastes tax dollars or they don't but to believe that they waste it in some areas and not others at all is asinine.

Yeah you said that they are funded by employer, employee and government funds. I said that the employer will pass the costs on to the consumer, the employee has to pay more taxes and the government will waste those taxes.

Paid family leave falls under the tax umbrella and the government wastes our taxes. I'm concussed yet you can't comprehend that simple logic? A toddler could understand that.

If I made the statement that a lot of government union workers are lazy and their laziness steals tax dollars, your response would be that it's not happening unless I can provide you with specific names. Just a shit argument right there.

You either believe the government wastes tax dollars or they don't but to believe that they waste it in some areas and not others at all is asinine.

If you made the statement a lot of union workers are lazy so that's why specific industry X shouldn't unionize first I'd say that's a dumb statement you should be back up with studies on productivity in union work places but you aren't because you are probably wrong.

But even you being wrong in your assumption doesn't matter because in this hypothetical there are a dozen states across the country where industry X had unionized (just like there are multiple states with paid leave) and if you can't provide any evidence of this some grand "lazy union worker" pattern in these places then your paranoia about it is unfounded and has nothing backing it up.

You're scared of something you can't find. `

If by insinuation you mean question followed by observation. Sure.

By insinuation I meant a direct question where the intended purpose was to indicate that a name might be exclusive to a specific race, highlighted by your distinct use of quotations. The name is common in the South.

If you made the statement a lot of union workers are lazy so that's why specific industry X shouldn't unionize first I'd say that's a dumb statement you should be back up with studies on productivity in union work places but you aren't because you are probably wrong.

But even you being wrong in your assumption doesn't matter because in this hypothetical there are a dozen states across the country where industry X had unionized (just like there are multiple states with paid leave) and if you can't provide any evidence of this some grand "lazy union worker" pattern in these places then your paranoia about it is unfounded and has nothing backing it up.

You're scared of something you can't find. `

I am in a union. I don't need a study to tell me that people don't take full advantage of the protections a union gives you.

I think we're done here. I've made my point a dozen times and my logic absolutely owns your logic in every way. It's why you had to ignore 90% of my post and concentrate on the details of the analogy I made. Your argument doesn't hold up.

We'll meet again in another thread where my common sense trounces your shitty studies where they can't figure out that correlation doesn't mean causation.

Mod fight!
I am in a union. I don't need a study to tell me that people don't take full advantage of the protections a union gives you.

I think we're done here. I've made my point a dozen times and my logic absolutely owns your logic in every way. It's why you had to ignore 90% of my post and concentrate on the details of the analogy I made. Your argument doesn't hold up.

We'll meet again in another thread where my common sense trounces your shitty studies where they can't figure out that correlation doesn't mean causation.

The smooth-brained logic "I have no evidence of paid family leave scams but here's an irrelevant anecdote about my job" owns what exactly?

Mod fight!

The smooth-brained logic "I have no evidence of paid family leave scams but here's an irrelevant anecdote about my job" owns what exactly?

It owns the smooth brained logic "We have copious amounts of evidence of our tax dollars being wasted and not used for their intended purpose but this particular instance will be different because reasons".

If you want to give more money to known scammers with the belief that they won't scam you in this particular instance, then go ahead.

You guys are all about raising taxes. Why don't you just get ahead of the game and start cutting the government extra checks so you can help people in need? Why wait for the tax raise? Just hand your money over now. They're trustworthy according to you, so they'll do what's best with your money. It's also smooth brained logic to think that you need to force the rest of the country to pay for your humanitarian efforts. If you care so much about people, start giving extra money away to the government today.

It owns the smooth brained logic "We have copious amounts of evidence of our tax dollars being wasted and not used for their intended purpose but this particular instance will be different because reasons".

If you want to give more money to known scammers with the belief that they won't scam you in this particular instance, then go ahead.

You guys are all about raising taxes. Why don't you just get ahead of the game and start cutting the government extra checks so you can help people in need? Why wait for the tax raise? Just hand your money over now. They're trustworthy according to you, so they'll do what's best with your money. It's also smooth brained logic to think that you need to force the rest of the country to pay for your humanitarian efforts. If you care so much about people, start giving extra money away to the government today.

Providing basic social services and instruments of improving the common good isn't some kind of far off humanitarian feelgoodery. It's just a relatively efficient function of government as seen across the developed world, the benefits of which are demonstrable in similar cases.

Your argument for not supporting it could be applied to any funding of government programs of any kind/purpose. It's asinine.

It suggests, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you've never taken any kind economics class.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back