Why does Wilder start swinging crazy at the moment he should finish the dude off?

For Wilder, an image is certainly part of it. Maybe on some level he thinks he is exuding something by looking unbridled and reckless. It is just bad form and a fighter with his wits and a good punch could lay him out.

We'll see.

Fury vs Wilder was fun. I watched it in a bar. In Canada, boxing isn't as big as MMA. I was impressed by the interest.

His fundamentals aren't bad, as you can see here:

His fundamentals aren't bad, as you can see here:

Nice video. Never seen him hit the bag. I've always thought that the best straight right hand punch you can throw is the one that starts from downward. Look how low he keeps his right hand. Stomach level and than boom it goes straight and up as the body rotates, maximum power.

Nice video. Never seen him hit the bag. I've always thought that the best straight right hand punch you can throw is the one that starts from downward. Look how low he keeps his right hand. Stomach level and than boom it goes straight and up as the body rotates, maximum power.

how about mine?:cool:

Reminiscent of Canelos KO of Khan, though his is a bit more "primitive". Feint a jab and then a fully commited right hand. GOODNight.

Last edited:
Those questions are fairly easy explainable.

787.png

Your right hand is a bit high. Wilder produces knockout power but his right hand starts from a lower height. Throwing it from the guard position tends to detach the arm from the torso and thereby diminishes power.

This is a perfectly executed overhand right. It reminds me of this:

Do you like this one better?

Your right hand is a bit high.

yeah but that's because I'm side stepping with my head at the same time (to get out of striking zone), lowering my gravity. Also, I'm not interested in producing the hardest punch possible, just hard enough to KO without getting hit myself.

Do you like this one better?

The rotation looks pretty good to me. But you are throwing it with your palm facing down. Try the same punch with the palm facing the left side (thumb up). I bet you'll notice instant increase of power. It's also safer for the knuckles.

Don't take my word on it though as I'm no expert by any means.

The rotation looks pretty good to me. But you are throwing it with your palm facing down. Try the same punch with the palm facing the left side (thumb up). I bet you'll notice instant increase of power. It's also safer for the knuckles.

Don't take my word on it though as I'm no expert by any means.

I have to keep reminding myself! The biggest transition from Karate to Boxing is this darn rotation. You think you've rotated enough, then you watch the clip and it's bare minimum (the ones posted are okey). It feels unnatural and exaggerated until it's in your system. Weird.

Because his technique isn't good enough, when his opponents are hurt it's his best chance to land a crazy knockout punch and finish the fight. If goes technical the chances are the guy recovers because wilder just isn't fundamentally sound (and he doesn't really need to be)

Look at this. Same phenomenon. The right hand that knocks Holmes down is crisp. The ones to finish him off are TERRIBLE

because he's not that experienced, none of these guys today really are. Joe Louis was taught to be calm when he had a guy hurt, it's important, it's important to be calm when you're hit too but these guys today haven't learned a lot of this stuff. So, you hurt someone and you freak out, waste energy, movement, and you miss.
OgwU1sQ.gif

Because hes a bum. The fact hes a HW champ is a just a sad refection on the sorry state of the division. Any 80s champ beats him.

Because hes a bum. The fact hes a HW champ is a just a sad refection on the sorry state of the division. Any 80s champ beats him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony Tucker and Pinklon Thomas best him... Definitely better opposition than the Stiverne's and Szpilka's of this world.

Gerry Cooney and Tim Witherspoon would be interesting too.

julian jackson got outboxed every match, then threw the KO punch. You can never count them out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back