Why does the UFC hate Rory?

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Why do they keep taking title shots away from him? Seriously its kind of suspect. Im no GSP/Tristar fan but damn. The dude cant win with the UFC brass. He may not be "exciting" but there is lots of fighters who arent (Benson), he controls the pace and shuts ppl down. He has more than earned a shot but the UFC is denying him over and over again. Whats the problem?

The UFC's inconsistency in matchmaking and rankings is the problem.

iC1iOyd7ls4OR.gif

His fights can be very technical, defensive, and boring. Fans don't generally like his style. BeNo was a lot more exciting on his way up in the UFC.

Defeating Maia, Woodley and Saffiediene = title shot worthy?

I don't know. Depends on who you ask.

Do I want to see him fight for the belt against someone he lost to? Why not? I like redemption fights. I'd root for Rory against Lawler.

I'm not sure what they're doing with the WW divison right now. They took the guys most deserving of a shot and put them together.

No way they can deny him a shot if he beats Lombard though. If Hendricks gets a title shot for beating Brown or something and Rory doesn't get one after being Lombard I would shit.

Dana said "Whoever is the most impressive" will get the shot. Guess winning isnt enough anymore.

Rory has 1 loss since 2011 and shut down Woodley. Like I said, he may not be getting ko's but the dude deserves the shot.

I think he rubs people that aren't Canadian the wrong way.

Who says they hate him? Maybe they are trying to give him time to develop. Or it could be he is an odd dude and it would be hard to promote him. There could be a never ending list of reasons. I doubt they hate him though.

If Rory won the belt it would all but guarantee GSP doesn't come back.

Dana can't be having that.

Its all on gsp. Dana and co is punishing him for the gsp sudden exit. Only way they can get back at gsp.

Was Lawler beating Ellenberger and Brown enough to warrant him getting another shot?

Yeah people can say what they want about Rory but Lawler was basically gifted two wins over mid level fighters and he struggled against both of them on his way to his second Title fight in a year.

The UFC likes who ever makes them money.

It's not rocket science. If someone isn't getting a push, if someone isn't getting easy title shots it means point blank they don't sell.

In the case of Rory, the GSP connection might be an even bigger factor.

He wore red pants on a prime time episode, and it pissed Dana off.

He looks like and has the mannerisms of a serial killer.

Back