• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Why does Mirg hate Mir?

It was a great stoppage. Not sure how that was bad at all. We are talking fractions of a second here, guys. He didn't step in b/c he was evaluating Mir (facts are Mir was standing, yes wobbled, but standing). Also, Pulev was mid combination while Mir Was staggered. Mirg was getting in between and stopped right before Pulev was going in for the kill, which makes this an excellent stoppage. If Pulev "went after him," there wouldn't have been a pause in between. The "went after him" happened with the follow-up uppercut that missed. A lesser ref would have missed this stoppage, and it is the end of Mir. Mirg made the right stoppage that most other competent refs would have caused.

<LikeReally5>

I don't think Dan is all that bad. He's just been along long enough to make some mistakes. He's not the best but there's far worse.

Herb for an example. He's bad.

That was my exact argument for why people were going to hard on Herb. Dan fumbles a lot too, but I don't think he's that bad either (This Mir call was pretty damn bad though)

He's definitely worse than those guys. For some reason certain refs can get away with so much more. I feel that Steve and Mario weren't as bad but got "scapegoated" to an extent.
Mario made some big mistakes but he wasn’t the worst. I was shocked at how much people wanted him out
But Steve... he was the 3nd worst ref in history, without a doubt. Only person worse was that female ref it’s like she didn’t even know the rules. Aaaand Cecil peoples

big dan seems like he gets too personal in every single way during the fight. I get being a ref is amazing but he’s way too upfront about his role.

That was my exact argument for why people were going to hard on Herb. Dan fumbles a lot too, but I don't think he's that bad either (This Mir call was pretty damn bad though)
Herb and Big John used to be the 2 refs that would get me hyped for. Knowing they’d do a good job but Herb has clearly been around too long with some of his recent mistakes

I don't think Dan is all that bad. He's just been along long enough to make some mistakes. He's not the best but there's far worse.

Herb for an example. He's bad.

Mirg has a handful of gafs over many many years, but he’s not consistently fucking up the outcomes of big fights like Herb. It’s out of the question who is the worst ref, and I know it’s pretty fashionable to crap on Herb these days but I’ve beeen saying it for years, literally ever since Faber V Barao I’ve been watching him do this shit. And then Hardy lost his cool and his job because of it, who was a great analyst and commentator

Mirg has a handful of gafs over many many years, but he’s not consistently fucking up the outcomes of big fights like Herb. It’s out of the question who is the worst ref, and I know it’s pretty fashionable to crap on Herb these days but I’ve beeen saying it for years, literally ever since Faber V Barao I’ve been watching him do this shit. And then Hardy lost his cool and his job because of it, who was a great analyst and commentator

dont-you-think-thats-a-bit-much-too-much.gif

Herb and Big John used to be the 2 refs that would get me hyped for. Knowing they’d do a good job but Herb has clearly been around too long with some of his recent mistakes
Herb used to be the gold standard, but I never cared for Big John. He never stfu so you’d constantly hear him droning “gotta work gotta work” from the cage side mic’s regardless of what was happening in the fights.

I also thought he took liberties with fighters. When he stopped a fight, he would often barrel in like a linebacker. Who was that Brian Johnson where Big John speared him in the face and broke his nose? That’s inexcusable.

You could argue that Mirg loves Mir and wanted to give him a chance to fight back (because he has money on him)

Mir should thank god pulev didnt punch his head straight out of the arena when he wad out on his feet

He thought Mir was gonna comeback with a submission but forgot it's not MMA.

Because it's hard to tell when Mir is actually hurt and when he's just quitting.

It’s not that he has it in for Mir. He’s just generally incompetent and reffed both those fights.
I was gonna say this but also mir is an asshole lol

It was a great stoppage. Not sure how that was bad at all. We are talking fractions of a second here, guys. He didn't step in b/c he was evaluating Mir (facts are Mir was standing, yes wobbled, but standing). Also, Pulev was mid combination while Mir Was staggered. Mirg was getting in between and stopped right before Pulev was going in for the kill, which makes this an excellent stoppage. If Pulev "went after him," there wouldn't have been a pause in between. The "went after him" happened with the follow-up uppercut that missed. A lesser ref would have missed this stoppage, and it is the end of Mir. Mirg made the right stoppage that most other competent refs would have caused.

Sadly most shertards don’t understand what Mirg actually did, good breakdown.

Back