Why Does Fury Stay Fighting Cans?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Kind of a head scratcher. He talks a big game yet he’s four fights in to his comeback and has only fought one decent boxer. Beat a no name in Schwarz and is about to fight another no name in Otto. Does he only feel the need to fight a decent boxer on certain occasions?

Part of it is his promoter and part of it is probably him just not wanting to take any risks before a big money fight.

Presumably, he'll get paid more fighting a no-name than most boxers will for an easy night. Why not take it?

Top Rank. Why is everyone signed with Top Rank fighting cans?

Top Rank and Fury going the Crawford and loma route, but they have surpass both with this last 2 cans...

Welcome to boxing....how many non-competitive fights do you think Sugar Ray Robinson had?

Welcome to boxing....how many non-competitive fights do you think Sugar Ray Robinson had?
Well, you're talking about an era when they fought twice a month, so of course.
These days its more of a cynical ploy to maintain belts or notoriety, whilst cashing in.

Last edited:
Well, you're talking about an era when they fought twice a month, so of course.
These days its more of a cynical ploy to maintain belts or notoriety, whilst cashing in.

Fair point, but I'd hate to see what state a man would be in if he fought the best of the division every 6 months for 15+ years

Kind of a head scratcher. He talks a big game yet he’s four fights in to his comeback and has only fought one decent boxer. Beat a no name in Schwarz and is about to fight another no name in Otto. Does he only feel the need to fight a decent boxer on certain occasions?

Wilders been doing it years and he actually has a belt. Rematching a 40 year old you knocked out a year ago is no fckin better tbh. As much as this fight is a joke, fury isn’t a champion. And he’s fought and beaten better guys than pretty much everyone other than Joshua.

I certainly won’t buy the PPV but I’ll save my outrage for when he is a defending champion.

Back