Why does English speaking world still say Jesus?

Why don't people refer to god as Yahweh? At least Jehovah's Witnesses call him Jehovah.
The name of God was too Holy to say so much so that when reading scripture aloud back in the day when the proper name appeared in text the reader would replace it with a generic title.

If the text read YHWH the one reading aloud would replace the name with a title like GOD

How can that be when both pronunciations differ vastly from one another? Lol

The German pronunciation for Jesus sounds like:
“Yey-zoos“

The Spanish pronunciation for Jesus sounds like:
hay-SOOS"

The German pronunciation for Jesus sounds like:
“Yey-zoos“

The Spanish pronunciation for Jesus sounds like:
hay-SOOS"

The Spanish pronunciation is heh-soos, same as how Pedro is pronounced peh-dro, not pay-dro.
Jose is pronounced “hoh-seh” not “josay.”

Could you imagine he came back, only to have 95% of the globe mispronouncing his name. Even after correcting everyone, they still call him Jesus. Whats worse is the people pronouncing Jesus the mexican way.

Im sure he would be like fuck it and just leave again. Establish a new colony of followers on Mars.

It doesn't matter what name/title, but rather the spiritual connection

I'm more amused by the portrayals of Jesus as having fair skin and blonde hair considering the region he was from.
those are probably a small minority in the catholic world.
in the orthodox depictions he's a pretty palestinian fellow
i've only seen those blue eyed versions on the internet, i don't even know if you can find them in actual churches.
i012c.jpg

I'm more amused by the portrayals of Jesus as having fair skin and blonde hair considering the region he was from.

I'm even more amused that the Queen of Asgard was a black woman, considering the region she was from. That was seemingly righteous and ok for folks so...

Both are fictional characters.

<[analyzed}>

Why do Christians eat the animals forbidden to eat in the Bible?

Why do Christians rest on Sunday, which is the 1st day of the week, when God said to rest on the 7th (Saturday)?

Where did 'Jesus' go from the ages of 12 - 29?

portrait-beautiful-woman-wondering-holding-hands-next-to-her-face-isolated-over-white-background-curios-woman-229114585.jpg

He was in Egypt and India.

I never understood this and I am very much a Christian.

His Hebrew Name was Yeshua. His common name in Aramaic was Isho. Both translate in English as Joshua. I get because the NT was first translated into Greek n they dont have a sh sound it was Lesous that from Latin became Jesus in English.

You got the deity more worshiped thsn anyone else in world history and we intentionally get his name wrong??????? STILL. I mean it's not even the English translation of Yeshua...... Joshua is.

Maybe there's a great reason for this I don't know. I'm just like <WhatIsThis>.

Jesus is a translation of the name (Joshua).. you don’t have too look to far to find that out.

I mean who fucking cares.

Names change based on the languages they are spoken in.

But thanks for the "truth bomb" though.

Didn't the Bible indicate he had ruddy hair, meaning he probably had some sort of auburn hair color. Ginger Jesus would change things.

I just call him invisible sky god.

I never understood this and I am very much a Christian.

His Hebrew Name was Yeshua. His common name in Aramaic was Isho. Both translate in English as Joshua. I get because the NT was first translated into Greek n they dont have a sh sound it was Lesous that from Latin became Jesus in English.

You got the deity more worshiped thsn anyone else in world history and we intentionally get his name wrong??????? STILL. I mean it's not even the English translation of Yeshua...... Joshua is.

Maybe there's a great reason for this I don't know. I'm just like <WhatIsThis>.
Let me know the petition you're planning, I'd love to see how it goes.

Yeah blonde Jews ha! Why don't we portray him like the ancient Jews depicted themselves!
images

Oh, looks like the ancient Jews must have whitewashed themselves on their own synagogue floor! Those self hating Jews!
tevet.jpeg

Can someone tell these ancient Jews not to make themselves white damn it!
images

That one guy in the left is kinda brown, right? Why aren't they brown!!

Now they are whitewashing the Egyptians in their parting of the Red Sea mosaics! Surely they knew they wuz kangs!
FULL_Parting-of-the-Red-Sea-mosaic.jpg

Last edited:
Back