Why does DC say trilogy at 205?

themiketoth

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
-Does he genuinely believe at age 40, he’s going to drop 30 pounds of pure fat, dehydrate (hard on kidneys at any age, but especially 40), and go and beat a healthy, lean 32 year old who’s beaten him twice?

-Does it make him feel badass saying this? He knows damn well he’s not going to drop that weight. Genuinely confused as to what his train of thought is

-He had problems making weight when he was normally fighting at 205. Apparently he’s going to go back down when he’s probably gotten the heaviest he’s even been...?

EDIT: it’s a rhetorical question lol. My point is he says it to be badass and hype up fans when he knows damn well he’s not doing it. I understand why he would go down there, but he simply can’t

Last edited:
Because he's a competitor at heart. He has overcome odds his whole life. Put some respect on it.

Because Jones said numerous times that he is not going to fight DC at HW.

I don't agree with DC, I think he should call Jones out about him avoiding HW - but I get why he's aiming for the trilogy fight at 205 because it's the only possible option because Jones fears HW.

It's easy as pie, he's done it before, he can do it again.

I believe it will happen anyway, Jones vs Cormier 3 at LHW. AND IT WILL BE A DRAW.

Because the two losses (he still considers the second fight a loss) happened at 205. Unlike the neckbeard haters here, Cormier gets it.

DC won't ever beat Jones. But if he did, it would be at heavyweight. However DC does not want to fight Jones at heavyweight, in my opinion it's because he will lose his claim to the best hw of all time if Jones beats him which is why he's scared to fight Jon at HW but will do it at LHW.

Trilogy means 3. They fought twice so if they fight again that would make it 3 TS.

You really think he can’t lose 30-40 pounds of fat through diet and excercise with an elite training camp and nutrionialists? He’ll be fine at 205.

-Does he genuinely believe at age 40, he’s going to drop 30 pounds of pure fat, dehydrate (hard on kidneys at any age, but especially 40), and go and beat a healthy, lean 32 year old who’s beaten him twice?

-Does it make him feel badass saying this? He knows damn well he’s not going to drop that weight. Genuinely confused as to what his train of thought is

-He had problems making weight when he was normally fighting at 205. Apparently he’s going to go back down when he’s probably gotten the heaviest he’s even been...?

It's easy as pie, he's done it before, he can do it again.

upload_2019-8-14_10-45-45.jpeg

Because he knows it wont happen so it doesnt look like he wants no part of Jones.

I think because he wants no excuses that Jones never fought before at HW, and that he will be the first guy to properly beat Jones in LHW. But Cormier needs to do this fight at HW for a few different reasons, number 1 he is much much much better when he is at his most heavy, I have seen every fight in his career in Strikeforce and UFC, when he was at his most heavy he has his best performances, smashed guys, finished them all, beat the shit out of them. When he was the most light at HW against Mir and Nelson it was much more lackluster decisions, then he went to LHW and yeah he still beat everyone except Jones but he seemed to not have the amazing power he had when he was at his most fat.

At HW will always give it a fresh new look and something different, and will also add more curosity to see Jones at HW for the first time.

I still personally want to see it because Cormier is the best fighter by far in HW or LHW except Jones, and the proof of that is no one else has been able to beat him. I'd much rather see it than Jones vs Corey for example, which we could get soon.

I kinda think that he doesn't want to risk his HW title to Bones,so even if he loses the third fight,his legacy isn't completely overshadowed by him.

Because he's a competitor at heart. He has overcome odds his whole life. Put some respect on it.

What odds has he 'overcome his whole life?'

His father was tragically killed (by a relative) when Cormier was 6, and that is horrific, but I can't think of any other odds he overcame.

Freak athlete, won his state championship in wrestling 3 of 4 years, got multiple scholarship offers for wrestling and football.

The big challenges in his athletic career Cormier has almost exclusively come up short. The only reason Cormier wasn't a national champion in the NCAA, is he couldn't beat Sanderson.

Out of 10 total collegiate losses, six of those were Sanderson beating him, including at the NCAA finals making him a runner up.

He failed to medal in his first Olympics, then despite being widely considered a favorite in his second Olympics, he showed up so overweight he ended up in the hospital and didn't even compete - as team captain.

His big rivalry in MMA was of course Jon Jones (who is a cheater no doubt) and he lost to him twice, the second time getting beaten to sleep. Cormier cried uncontrollably on camera both times.

Then there is the Stipe fight, which I will grant he overcame the odds, in the sense that he was not a favorite.

Well, the reason he says is that Jon is a 205er, he lost to him at 205, as a competitor he wants to beat him at 205. If he beat him at HW it would irk the hell out of him for people to say he only did it because it was heavyweight. I think there is truth to that.

But I also believe losing to Jon at HW would be crushing. He already had to accept Jon is a better LHW so it's low risk high reward to fight him again at LHW, but he found solace in being the HW champion. He probably feels like it would be very bad for his legacy to lose to Jon at HW, because being an undefeated HW champion is part of what his legacy rests on. There is more reward to beating Jon at LHW, and less risk.

Same reason why McGregor said Diaz 2 at 170

The Jones trilogy fight makes the most sense at heavyweight. Why do we need to see a dehydrated DC get beat again as TS stated earlier? Bones at one time said that when he came back he was going to take everything DC had! So he needs to fight DC at HW! It just makes more sense there and it's more fan friendly in my humble opinion.

Because he's fat and slow at heavyweight

Back