why does Chinese food always taste so awful??

I love Chinese food. It just doesn't love me back though so I rarely eat it. Some spring rolls sound good about now.

Hole in the wall Chinese places mostly suck from what I've seen. I actually think panda express is better than most hole in the wall joints. To get good Chinese food you usually have to go to more nicer places that are more for dining in

Lol definitely not in a big city, I live in NY and there are plenty or great Chinese spots out here

I’ve had Chinese food from multiple different places all around - it all tastes the same. Like shit, or slightly less like shit. Always seem like a roll of the dice whether it’s going to give you food poisoning/diarrhea or not as well.

The best American style Chinese food I’ve ever eaten was made by my friends mom

You talking the authentic stuff?
Yeah. Just not a fan. Mostly a textural thing.

I do like some of the dumplings though and If it’s the only thing being served I will eat it but it’s not something I ever crave.

I've never eaten Chinese food in my Life,lol

Like anything there is good and bad. I have a pretty good one by me. We order it every other month or so. I've been to some awful ones though.

i think chinese food gets a bad rap. it's definitely not the best, but at the end of the day, it's usually rice, meats, and veggies. it's hard to go wrong with those ingredients. plus, all the msg makes up for it lol.

I’ve had Chinese food from multiple different places all around - it all tastes the same. Like shit, or slightly less like shit. Always seem like a roll of the dice whether it’s going to give you food poisoning/diarrhea or not as well.

The best American style Chinese food I’ve ever eaten was made by my friends mom
Lol at basing Chinese food on American style.

If there are only 4 Chinese restaurants in your area, sounds like you don't like Chinese food made for Americans. There is a ton of variety of Chinese food out there, but you probably have to go to places with a big Chinese population.

ive literally eaten chinese the last 3 days

wouldnt mind having it tomorrow also

If its done right its incredible....but yeh its almost never done right and usually its somewhere between awful and dangerous to eat.

We got a chinaman place and a Thai place near me. The China place takes 5 mins for food, it’s terrible (my wife always liked it, but is coming around) Thai place takes 1hr at least to be ready and costs 3-4x as much, but I would rather eat the Thai food because they use quality ingredients and quality food and make it to order when you call. Not just make a huge pile of everything and hand it out as it’s ordered, like the China place. You never know if it’s fresh or 4 days old.

Back