Why do so many mods quit modding?

68239.jpg

This can be a wacky place at times, as it's literally open to everyone on planet Earth. That means that there'll be some kooks who you have to deal with. But certain personalities take to modding, and honestly, pretty much the only reason that someone steps down is because real life gets too busy. This is a volunteer gig. For my part, even now, as an actual grown up with a real job, adult responsibilities like a mortgage, etc., I don't mind spending however little time doing however little I can to make this place just a little better. That's pretty much what we do and why we do it.
200.gif

Forget about how long I've been a poster here, I've been a mod here for over a decade. I've been blue for 13 years. That's a long ass time. At this point, literally nothing that anyone says or does on here gets to me. In that instance, yes, a poster had a meltdown after an infraction. But in a few months, I'll have forgotten it even happened. In years prior, I had a fighter I banned start e-mailing places I worked and not even using my name, telling people who had no idea what the fuck was happening that Bullitt68 is this and that. I even once had my account hacked - some nutjob started posting wild shit, my account had to be banned, and password protocol had to be modified.

This can be a wacky place at times, as it's literally open to everyone on planet Earth. That means that there'll be some kooks who you have to deal with. But certain personalities take to modding, and honestly, pretty much the only reason that someone steps down is because real life gets too busy. This is a volunteer gig. For my part, even now, as an actual grown up with a real job, adult responsibilities like a mortgage, etc., I don't mind spending however little time doing however little I can to make this place just a little better. That's pretty much what we do and why we do it.

DeterminedKindlyHare-max-1mb.gif

i think we deserve an apology for @Fozzy and @Superbeast bud

Back in the day you had the KGB roaming around these parts. If you even criticized the fighter in the slightest, they sent you to the Gulag. The mods are pretty mild nowadays.

yup. I got dubs once because I hinted as a joke that Ubereem wasn’t totally natty.

Forget about how long I've been a poster here, I've been a mod here for over a decade. I've been blue for 13 years. That's a long ass time. At this point, literally nothing that anyone says or does on here gets to me. In that instance, yes, a poster had a meltdown after an infraction. But in a few months, I'll have forgotten it even happened. In years prior, I had a fighter I banned start e-mailing places I worked and not even using my name, telling people who had no idea what the fuck was happening that Bullitt68 is this and that. I even once had my account hacked - some nutjob started posting wild shit, my account had to be banned, and password protocol had to be modified.

DeterminedKindlyHare-max-1mb.gif
That's a healthy attitude.

To me, mods are like cops.

Everyone loves to hate on them and pick apart every decision they make without realizing how it's impossible to make everyone happy, and how shitty things would be without them.

I appreciate cops and mods. I certainly don't want to do those jobs but I'm glad someone does.

yup. I got dubs once because I hinted as a joke that Ubereem wasn’t totally natty.

That was a tough little stretch of time with him: There was an initiative to curb fighter bashing and accusing fighters with no prior pops of PED use became a major issue that we had to crack down on...but in some cases, it was like, "Really?" Even though the eye test isn't scientific, everybody with eyes knew that it wasn't the magic of horse meat that transformed Overeem into Ubereem.

it-was-another-time-randy-marsh.gif

That's a healthy attitude.

To me, mods are like cops.

Everyone loves to hate on them and pick apart every decision they make without realizing how it's impossible to make everyone happy, and how shitty things would be without them.

I appreciate cops and mods. I certainly don't want to do those jobs but I'm glad someone does.

Pretty much. This is true for a lot of things in a lot of contexts: It takes a bit of time to realize that you can't please everyone, so rather than worrying about who you've displeased, you just have to be honest with yourself and make sure that you're cool with what you did and why.

6b6c7114-40d9-4681-b8a7-bfc7b3c182f8_text.gif

Back