• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do scientists act like they know what a black hole is or what happens inside?

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
They have these theories about what happens to matter, time and light. They supposedly even know how much a black hole weighs using some complex formula. Nobody else thinks this is all bullshit, because it just sounds better than saying "we have no fucking clue and humans probably never will"?

If I sent NASA a picture of me, would they even be able to calculate my weight? So how the fuck can they calculate the weight of some mysterious void many lightyears away? How come they can't even figure out something like the construction of the pyramids, yet they pretend like they understand black holes and space?

Black holes are just individual Universes.

Nothing is destroyed when captured by a black hole, it is basically just broken down but never truly gone.

Inside of the black hole is where eventually enough mass is collected that it in turn triggers a big bang inside of the black holes which creates a new universe.

That is why we will never see the other side of the Big Bang or edge of the universe, because it is on the other side of the black hole our universe is inside…

We'll never know exactly how the pyramids were built, because we weren't there. That doesn't mean we don't have multiple, completely plausible working theories of how they were built - we do.

And I'm not sure where you got the idea we know whats inside a black hole - there are theories and ideas, but no one really knows and I don't think the science on this suggests that we do.

They have these theories about what happens to matter, time and light. They supposedly even know how much a black hole weighs using some complex formula. Nobody else thinks this is all bullshit, because it just sounds better than saying "we have no fucking clue and humans probably never will"?

If I sent NASA a picture of me, would they even be able to calculate my weight? So how the fuck can they calculate the weight of some mysterious void many lightyears away? How come they can't even figure out something like the construction of the pyramids, yet they pretend like they understand black holes and space?
Believing things that aren't real is a part of human nature.

Nothing is destroyed when captured by a black hole, it is basically just broken down but never truly gone.

Inside of the black hole is where eventually enough mass is collected that it in turn triggers a big bang inside of the black holes which creates a new universe.

That is why we will never see the other side of the Big Bang or edge of the universe, because it is on the other side of the black hole our universe is inside…
And then there's the possibility that none of what you just said is true. Based off of history, what would you say is the more likely outcome?

I don't know how a fridge works, doesn't mean other, more educated people do.......lose the ego and accept your ignorance.
Exactly.

Many years ago I used to watch jeopardy, and I had a family member that swore they gave the contestants the answers beforehand so they could study. Their reasoning was that it was impossible for anyone to know that much stuff lol.

Just because you can't, doesn't mean nobody can.

The answer to you question, TS, is math and physics. You'd have to gain a high level understanding of both before you could criticize existing theories.

It's basically our best guess based on our current understanding of physics, but our understanding is pretty limited. Science is constantly being rewritten when new information becomes available. We are still basically babies in terms of our understanding of the universe, but certain physical laws are understood, and we use those laws to calculate how things might behave.

Scientists in just about anything act like they know everything g have their models but it is just for show.how it would look that they say we have no idea about this phenomena or piece of rock

Exactly.

Many years ago I used to watch jeopardy, and I had a family member that swore they gave the contestants the answers beforehand so they could study. Their reasoning was that it was impossible for anyone to know that much stuff lol.

Just because you can't, doesn't mean nobody can.

The answer to you question, TS, is math and physics. You'd have to gain a high level understanding of both before you could criticize existing theories.
It's very daunting to most people. It takes so much time to really understand high level physics, and even time invested is no guarantee you would fully grasp it. That is why there are so many who doubt scientific discoveries. It is too much for the majority of us(myself included) to comprehend. These same folks are able to get probes, satellites, and other assorted crafts to far off planets using light, and other natural phenomenon to judge distance and, yes, weight of objects, and their gravitational pull. It makes me stand in awe of what the human brain is capable of.

It's basically our best guess based on our current understanding of physics, but our understanding is pretty limited. Science is constantly being rewritten when new information becomes available. We are still basically babies in terms of our understanding of the universe, but certain physical laws are understood, and we use those laws to calculate how things might behave.

Do you think if you'd gone down the astro-physicist route instead of the burger flipping route, you'd have figured it out by now? I understand you have an incredibly high IQ......

<TheWire1>

Damn, brah. That is making so much sense to me right now.

Back